Thread: Daikin UA fault

Daikin UA fault

Having a nightmare with this unit. It's a daikin triple split. Rzq200c7y1b indoor units are fxuq71mav1
    Basically on the outdoor pcb unit h2p is solid and it doesnt let me try any other settings. Daikin advised me it is a faulty pcb so I replaced it but unfortunately the New pcb does exactly the same thing. All the dip switches are off just like the old board. Daikin are not sure what the problem could be.
    Anyone come across this before.

Thanks

Re: Daikin UA fault

Have you put the fried setting in to say it's a triple split

21-0-03 it should be

I have tried that. Cheers.
    Also indoors don't even run on can only. All lights on indoor boards correct and getting correct voltages
    Last edited by Craig Johnston; 30-05-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Johnston View Post
    I have tried that. Cheers.
    Also indoors don't even run on can only. All lights on indoor boards correct and getting correct voltages
    Is it a new install?

123 from your condenser going to all indoor unit's and only 1 controller on the system? If this is right try disconnecting the last 2 units and run it as a split. Put the code in to make it a split too. See if it runs then

It's on a IR controller, I tried to code each of the units out to run them as a twin but regardless of which unit I coded out it was still the same.
    Daikin was unsure why I could control each unit with the controller. They said I should only be able to turn the units on or off with the master.
    It's an old install probably over 10 years old.
    The filter signs are also on 2 of the indoor units even though they are missing.

Normally the master unit is the one with the remote controller connected to it. As you have an IR
    controller I'm unsure how a master unit is selected. Has one indoor got an IR reciever or do they all have IR receivers? Can you wire in a hard wired controller ?

Yes they all have working receivers.Yes I could hard wire a controller to the system but I don't carry one, I don't want to order 1 on this job because I have already wasted money on a pcb. My next daikin job with an issue, I get I will order a controller.

Did you get paperwork with the new PCB showing the position of the dip switches for the Model you have? Have you put the system through a test from the outdoor PCB?

No paperwork with the pcb. All dip switches are off. I did tell daikin this but they didn't seem to concerned. Indoor units won't do anything. I can't even operate the fan.

I am not sure if there is a reset button on the outdoor PCB, if there is press and hold this button whilst powering off and then back on.
    It seems as if the outdoor unit is not finding any of the indoor units, same problem as you get with full sized VRF unit when you change the PCB.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

No, its just power off, power on with this unit.

Take the IR receivers off 2 of the indoor fan coils.
    You can only have 1 controller fitted on a twin or triple split
    You should only have the indoor/outdoor 1 2 3 cable connected between the outdoor and indoor fancoils and the controller connected to ONLY 1 of the indoor units. Don't connect the P1 P2 terminals between fan coils