Dakin VRV III Fault Finding with Multiple Condensers

Hi all,

I have a system with a master and 2 slaves.
    When the system faults it comes up as an abnormality on the master PCB (H2P and H3P)

My question. Is there a way to find which condenser is producing the fault rather than checking each condenser.

Dakin tech support told me that despite the master displaying the fault, the fault itself could be on the slave. I asked him if there was a way to test which condenser without checking them all indivually and he told me there wasn't and I'd have to check all PCB on all condensers.

I feel like there should be an easier way - Would coding out condensers 1 by 1 until the fault disappeared work?

Cheers for any input

Re: Dakin VRV III Fault Finding with Multiple Condensers

With H2P which is the Test Lamp, ON & H3P ON, this can indicate that there was an abnormal completion of the Full Learning Function or an abnormal completion of the Test Operation.
    To prohibit either the master unit use Code 38, to prohibit the first slave use Code 39 and to prohibit the second slave use Code 40. This is putting the units into an Emergency Operation mode and should only be used as a last resort.
    Hope that this helps.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Re: Dakin VRV III Fault Finding with Multiple Condensers

press mode once
    set 14 times
    return
    set
    set
    set
    note down all the LEDS each time you press the return and set buttons. post them here or refer to the manual