R407F - any problems?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with using R407F for both MT and LT systems?

I have had some feedback from a contractor saying that a large supermarket chain is no longer installing R407F systems here in Australia - Just looking for any information or literature to back up this claim.

I am aware of the higher discharge temperatures and the 4-6K temperature glide characteristics of the refrigerant - I am not using the Refrigerant as a drop in replacement, this will be for a new system.

Thanks,
    Dean.

Re: R407F - any problems?

check the glide setting in the case controllers

Re: R407F - any problems?

Hi Dean In the UK several supermarkets have standardised on R407F mostly for the HT side some use it for the LT side as well. It is important that the expansion valve you use has been designed for R407F use. In the UK many systems were upgraded from R22, R407C and R404A to R407F, with the original expansion valves being used. This often meant that the systems were running with the wrong superheat due to the static superheat of the TEV not matching the new refrigerant . While I worked for Danfoss we had to produce a specific R407F expansion valve with the correctly concocted static superheat that was constant across the operating temperature range of the system. R407A is very similar to r407F and so the Danfoss valve is set up for both R407F and R407A in the same valve. Many of the new installs in the supermarkets use R407F on the HT and R407A on the LT without problems.