Samsung rl40pgih

Hi iv had the fridge freezer for 4 years now without any trouble but now my fridge has stopped cooling n temp is 24 at the moment.The freezer is still working though. I hope some1 can help

Re: Samsung rl40pgih

Hi Tommy

It probably just needs a good defrost...

The chiller brings in the cold air from the freezer, and a common issue is that ice builds up in the freezer blocking the intake to the chiller.

Try turning it off for 24hrs (longer the better) and run it up again to see what happens.

If the chiller still doesn't work, or it freezes up again then you will require an engineer I'm afraid

Thankyou for the advise but i already did a 24hr defrost n it started to work for about 2 weeks but it stopped coooling again

Then you have an obvious defrost problem. It may have a blocked drain...

Have a look at the back of your fridge and locate your compressor. On top of the compressor, you'll find a "drip tray". Into this drip tray will be a pipe; make sure this pipe is clear, and get back to us

Hi all thanks for the advise n iv had an engineer to take a look at it n he he says its the thermostat so hes ordered the part n hopefully it will sort it out