Correct Levels on Gauge

Hallo I hope someone can help, I'm sure this a very straight forward question if you know freezers I have a 44 litre mobile freezer with a SaginaMiya gauge on it, could someone tell me if this sounds like I need to get the freezer regassed.
    The first part says Diff under it and the red pointer is at 20 which is between 1 and 2 on the other side, the second gauge says Bar and it's just below 20 or just above the 2 on the other side.
    I'd be very grateful if someone could give me an idea if this sounds fine or if it sounds like the freezer needs attention. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Correct Levels on Gauge

Hi thats not a gauge giving a reading , its low pressure switch which controls the cut in and out of the compressor either as a safety switch or as a control switch.

When it was installed the technician said if it drops below a certain number thats when to call them out, the person he told, which wasn't me, can't remember what number but thinks it might have been 2 but he can't remember which side the 2 was on. Can you help at all to shed light on it. I'm trying to work out if I need to regass the freezer or renew the leisure batteries it runs off. One or other isn't working properly but trying to establish which is driving me nuts. Thanks for replying

You dont understand ,that switch is adjusted by the tech to control the compressor , it does not move up or down on its own. It indicates nothing about the system good bad or indifferent. The tech either doesnt know what he is at or he was showing your staff some other gauge reading . Is the system currently running ok.

Daisy,
    As Joe said above, your picture is not of a gauge. Its dials will not change with pressure, those dials in your picture are set by an engineer adjusting it and will not move unless someone readjust them as they only show cut in and cut out pressure for the switch.
    All things considered personally I think your best option is to get an engineer to look at this freezer for you, ensuring it operates as it should and explain how to operate it.

Hi as joe has said this is purely a pressure switch which controls the compressor stopping and starting depending on the pressure / temperature of the evaporator. Somewhere on the system there is a pressure guage where you can see the pressure rising and falling depending on the load of the freezer. The pressure settings on the LP switch that is in your picture relate to the refrigerant in your system, and if we knew the refrigerant type we could advise you better. Look for a pressure guage with a dial and pointer that is showing the actual pressure in the system

Thank you sorry to be asking such dumb questions, I've spent a week trying to get hold of the engineer/company who installed it with no luck. The freezer works incredibly hard through the summer and hasn't had any attention of a couple of years, it seems to be struggling to hold the temperature it's set at and dropping way more than usual, it normally holds between -17 - -20 but it's plummeting to -13. I will keep trying to get hold of the engineer. Thank you for stopping me staring at that gauge and wondering.

It could be a range of problems ,summer associated ones would be blocked radiator or radiator cooling fan faulty or could be low in gas. Most refrigeration techs would be able to deal with this so you dont really need to rely on contacting the original installer

The original installer deals with mobile freezers, he's the only one in the area, will a 'normal' freezer technician be able to do this?
    I'm so grateful to all of you for bothering to reply.

i have no doubt most normal techs would be able to but might have problem sourcing parts, A better match for you would be a company that does both normal and transport refrigeration {trucks and vans} as they would have direct access to low voltage dc parts and motors etc. If its just gas any engineer would do.
    Last edited by joe-ice; 14-05-2016 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added dc

Which refrigerant type is in the system?

It's HFC-134a sorry just saw you asked that.

Daisyice, if you are familiar with the condenser(hot part)coils and its cooling fan(if forced cooled) then unplug electrical supply of this cooler and blower dust/fibre from the condensercoils and if possible clean the cooling fan blade surfaces. If the condensercoils are free of any dust and fibres then the temperature in the chiller would again come to its original value, -17 degrees.

I did that earlier tonight I'll see if it's made any difference tomorrow.