charging small commercial systems

I need to charge multiple systems a week with about 1.25 lbs of r404a quickly (30 mins or less) and consistently. We have a 0-100 lbs scale but that only works for weighing the tank before and after as simply moving the hoses throws off the measurements. Is there a product for this? I've seen glass cylinders on ebay that seem to be for this purpose but they don't make new ones anymore and they aren't for 404a although I'm not sure that's a problem as long as I can consistently fill them to the same level.

Re: charging small commercial systems

simple and cheap solution,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/suitcase-scales

Thanks but that doesn't really help. Our system weighs 60lbs and were only adding 1 lbs of 404 to it. There's no good place to hook it and I cant hook the tank when its upside down for liquid charging and like I said just wiggling the hoses throws off the measurements. I need a charge measurement device and it seems like most of them are no longer in production. I need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Check-R...s=charge+check

Hi Stuart
    I would suggest you speak to a company called AGRAMKOW who manufacture and service charging systems. They have a n office in North America. you can contact them at agramkow.com

OK,
    The trick to accurately weighing a cylinder whilst you charge is to ensure the hose connected to it doesn't move.
    Easiest way to do this is to use a long hose, position the scales away from your manifold and clamp the hose just before it reach the scales at a similar height to where it is connected to the cylinder's valve.

As long as the hose is full of liquid it's weight won't change. The trick is to valve off the refrigerant flow as closely to your system as possible, preferable with a valved connector at the end of the hose used to connect to your system. (Yes, the hoses and your manifold will be full of liquid refrigerant between fillings but you will get accurate weight measurements)

Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Ok thanks,
    I've call Agramkow, their machine is $35k so probably out of our price range as we are only doing 50 systems this year. As for keeping liquid in the lines I guess this could work but would require recovering the liquid left over in the lines after each charge or using a separate manifold for vacuuming and charging. We are using a 6ft line so that should be long enough.

Al,
    Yes, thank you. I think this is exactly what we need.
    -Stuart