Thread: Bar fridges

Bar fridges

Hi guys
    I don't deal much with this sort of refrigeration. I have 2 glass door under bar beer fridges that I have set on their coldest setting but still don't get cold enough. They are reasonably new and seem to cut in and out and run fine but I want them colder. Is there a simple way to get them colder. Can I change or modify the thermostat? TIA.
    Its of high importance as I want colder beer.
    cheers

Re: Bar fridges

If they are newish and if they are cutting in and out then they are running as designed.

Make sure the obvious is not an issue, clean cond, high ambient, restricted airflow and such.

Make sure they are running as well as can be and that they are not in too high an ambient.

After that any modifications you make are all against design and could have other consequences
    such as icing up the evaporator or others, but if you understand those complications, you could
    fit another form of temperature control. But don't be too surprised if it still does not operate as
    you want.

Two points you have not mentioned

What is the ambient it is working in and what temp is it reaching?

Regards

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

I have met a few that have the controller locked so you cannot set the lowest factory set point,you could try to unlock it then you may have a icing up issue taking that you unlock it I find the cheapest way is to fit a cheap mechanical timer to turn just the compressor off giving it an off cycle defrost.

What temp are they actually running at ?

Hi Dan.
    sounds like high usage is the problem and undersized capacity, get the installer back and see what can be done to improve things, average temp in cabinet will/shoud be + 3' C average, leaving doors open does not help. constant loading with replacement stock does't help either, perhaps store replacement stock in keg room.

Check the location of the temperature sensor along with the position of stock. Air off the coil could be directed back to the Evap air inlet...giving a false cabinet temperature.
    Check for debris on the Evap.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.