Is it possible to build a custom blast chiller without beeing a professional?

Hi there,

I want to build a blast chiller with single parts I want to order at Danfoss/Colmic Coil etc.
    The problem is, I dont really get, which parts(which compressor, etc.) I need in particular.
    If I buy a condensing unit (which should include compressor, condensing coils, fans and the pipes between) and an evaporator(evaporator coils and fans) i should be nearly there, right (except the expansion valve, still looking into that)?

If i should really get all the parts, would there be any chance I can connect it myself?

If push comes to shove i will ask a refidgeration engineer to connect it, but I really want to collect all the parts and learn how a blast chiller works.

Im grateful for every bit of help/advice.

Re: Is it possible to build a custom blast chiller without beeing a professional?

buy 1 on ebay and pull it to bits.
    i like long legged blonds with big norks- if i dig up some limbs from the graveyard i aint gonna want to hump it

Re: Is it possible to build a custom blast chiller without beeing a professional?

Bad news I'm afraid Steffus,

Not only will you need someone with experience to design the system and select the right parts for you but you also have your location set as "Germany", this means that there are stringent laws you have to comply with and whom ever install your system needs to be qualified and experienced.

Your best starting point would be your local friendly refrigeration engineer.