Owen Guest

New to RE and needing Daikin Help

Our company has just taken lease of a floor in Regent St in London (4000 sq ft). The floor has not been occupied for some time and we have just finished a cosmetic refit.

There is an extensive air conditioning system fitted (Daikin F series) which is badly in need of service.

We have tried to decipher the set-up but there are 5 different types of local controllers and a central control panel and no documentation and we basically have no chance. I have been using this forum to get info on the error codes and panel icons (very useful btw).

I need to get an engineer experienced in the Daikin gear to have a look over the set up and tell me what still works, what can be salvaged, and what needs to be shut out of the loop.

I can't approach an air con company direct as we are on an extremely tight budget (mainly because we may only have this property for 12 months).

If units don't work we won't be able to repair them, we will just have to run what can easily be brought back online.

Anyway. Know any experienced, practical, no nonsense guys that would be interested in some casual work?

Cheers

Re: New to RE and needing Daikin Help

Hi Owen, and welcome to the Forum

I'm sure one of the members local to London will be able to assist.

A couple of questions though

1) Do you have any training in refrigeration?
    2) 5 different types of controller? can you give model numbers
    3) How do you know it's Daikin F series?
    4) How extensive is the installation? how many indoor units? outdoor units?

And lastly - will you pay any Congestion Charge fines? last time I was in London I got caught and it cost me £50

Owen Guest

1) I have no training in refrigeration
    2) I'll post all the model numbers I can find in the AM
    3) From one of the ceiling unit model numbers
    4) All indoor units. 4 x ceiling and 3 x wall mounted. Also 2 pretty serious looking extractor units outside.

We will pay congestion charges, congestion fines, and the first three rounds.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Owen
    1) We will pay congestion charges, congestion fines, and the first three rounds.
    Looks like your kind of man Frank
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Owen Guest

OK so, here’s what we have:

Pump units
    1 x BYBF125DJW1
    3 x FXYF63HJVI
    2 x FXYA25HJV1
    2 x BYC71FJW1
    2 x FXYC2OHJ7V1

Controllers
    4 x BRC1A51
    1 x BRC1351/61
    3 x BRC1A52

Plus
    1 x Schedule timer DST301A51
    1 x Central Remote controller (couldn’t see a model number)
    1 x Zone monitor (couldn’t see a model number)

I have photos available of everything if that helps.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Owen
    OK so, here’s what we have:

Pump units
    1 x BYBF125DJW1
    3 x FXYF63HJVI
    2 x FXYA25HJV1
    2 x BYC71FJW1
    2 x FXYC2OHJ7V1

Controllers
    4 x BRC1A51
    1 x BRC1351/61
    3 x BRC1A52

Plus
    1 x Schedule timer DST301A51
    1 x Central Remote controller (couldn’t see a model number)
    1 x Zone monitor (couldn’t see a model number)

I have photos available of everything if that helps.

Cheers
    The only numbers I recognise are the controllers.

The other units you reference i.e. BYBF125DJW1 - I dont have any info on these and my catalogues go back to the C range. The outdoor units were either referenced R - for cooling only and RY for heat pump. BYBF is not listed in my paperwork. The 125 means the capacity is 12.5kw, the D means "D" series, J means it was made in Japan and the W1 means 3 phase.

You'll find that the model numbers quoted starting with B are the grilles for the indoor units it looks to me like a H series VRV system. All indoor fan coils start with a F and the X in the model number indicates that the unit has an expansion valve fitted i.e VRV system.

frank when the W in the model number is on the indoor fan coil/grille it means it is white for example split model number FTXS35D2VMW

Quote Originally Posted by puddleboy3
    You'll find that the model numbers quoted starting with B are the grilles for the indoor units it looks to me like a H series VRV system. All indoor fan coils start with a F and the X in the model number indicates that the unit has an expansion valve fitted i.e VRV system.

frank when the W in the model number is on the indoor fan coil/grille it means it is white for example split model number FTXS35D2VMW
    Hi puddleboy

I agree, but the man said it was all F series

Right, what we have here is either 'G' or 'H' series Daikin VRV system/s. All model numbers that start with an 'F' are indoor units, model numbers that begin with 'B' are decoration panels, and the outdoor unit model numbers start with an 'R'. The outdoor units will be either RSXY5G (one fan), RSXY8 or 10G (two fans).The 'G' denotes the series (i.e. 'G' series). Or they could be RSXY5H (one fan), or RSXY8 or 10H (two fans), these are 'H' series. G series came out in 1992, and H in 1995 (so that gives you an indication of their age). A VRV system life time is approximately 15 years, but they will go on for much longer with good servicing and maintenance. I am also familiar with the controls systems you mentioned, and can e-mail you documentation on this. When you say the system is in desperate need of a service, what do you mean? Just a filter clean and check the system operation etc? Or is it something more serious like fault codes showing up on the centralised controller?? By the way, I can also supply you with the fault code list for all Daikin Equipment...!! This may help you in the future. Let me know your e-mail address, and I'll see what I can do. I have a couple of contacts who may be able to help you, but you get what you pay for, and they may not be so cheap!! Hope this helps........

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Memory
    Right, what we have here is either 'G' or 'H' series Daikin VRV system/s.
    Hi Mr Memory

From the model numbers indicated this system is going to be a H series. As the remote controllers from G series to H series fan coils are different and so is the centralised controller. H series VRV was the early K series when the communication method started to change from 1/2 in & 1/2 out to F1 & F2.
    Last edited by puddleboy3; 06-05-2006 at 07:31 PM.

Hi Mr Memory

From the model numbers indicated this system is going to be a H series. As the remote controllers from G series to H series fan coils are different and so is the centralised controller. H series VRV was the early K series when the communication method started to change from 1/2 in & 1/2 out to F1 & F2.
    Hi there Puddleboy,

Just to clarify...... The H series indoor units can connect to either G series or H series condensing units. Therefore regardless of the controller model numbers, the outdoor units could still be G series. What you must remember, is that up until K series, you connected the centralised controller to the F1/F2 indoor unit terminals, as 'F1/F2 outdoor' did not exist on condensing units until K series. Also just to point out, H series still had '1&2 in' and '1&2 out' as well as the addition of F1/F2 for a centralised controller (instead of 3&4 as G series indoor units had with the old style KBC24CV1).

So to summarise...... As they're H series indoor units that could connect to either G or H series condensers, the condensing units could still be G series as the controllers only connect to the indoor unit, and that includes the centralised controller. I just thought I'd clear that up in case anyone should assume that H series indoor units are only connectable to G series outdoor units.....

I agree mr memory, but the remote controller model numbers given will only connect to H series onwards models P1 P2 connections and not that of the G series P and N. But i do agree that the above named indoors could connect to a G series outdoor. Hat off to you mr memory for your knowledge of old school daikin equipment!
    Last edited by puddleboy3; 08-05-2006 at 09:30 PM.

I agree mr memory, but the remote controller model numbers given will only connect to H series onwards models P1 P2 connections and not that of the G series P and N. But i do agree that the above named indoors could connect to a G series outdoor. Hat off to you mr memory for your knowledge of old school daikin equipment!
    Looks like we were misunderstanding one another, I was on about the outdoor units possibly being G series...!!!

Sounds like you know your Daikin gear too! I like this forum, it's possible to have intelligent conversations with good engineers (unlike the conversations I used to have when I worked on the technical helpline) LOL...!!!!!

Best bet would be to use the local yellow pages or surely someone from here can go take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Memory
    Looks like we were misunderstanding one another, I was on about the outdoor units possibly being G series...!!!

Sounds like you know your Daikin gear too! I like this forum, it's possible to have intelligent conversations with good engineers (unlike the conversations I used to have when I worked on the technical helpline) LOL...!!!!!
    So Mr Memory did you work for Daikin, if so where abouts?

Owen Guest

We also have at least 2 outside units. Model numbers are:
    RY125FJ7W1
    RSXY10HJ7W1

The big question is who wants to come and look over this stuff and get it back online?

We will pay money. Let me know if you know anyone interested.

Cheers

scottharvey Guest

Please can someone help me ,im looking for fault codes for daikin model any22a7v1nb/any22a7v1ns/any35a7v1nb/any35a7v1ns

The fault-code matrix is available for download on my website...

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post

We will pay money. Let me know if you know anyone interested.

Cheers

Money is always a good incentive, CASH is best!

C'mon Guys someone must be in London?
    He who dies with the most Toys, WINS!

Sinewawe,

If he hasn't got it sorted, I doubt that he still need the service.

(Look at the date)

Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    Sinewawe,

If he hasn't got it sorted, I doubt that he still need the service.

(Look at the date)

Oh Aye!

He who dies with the most Toys, WINS!