Mitsubishi Mr Slim

Hey snow men! How's it going?!

Was hoping you could lead me to the right direction.

I have been having the P8 error on my mr slim AC unit. I know that it has something to do with the outdoor unit.

My initial finding is that on the outdoor unit, there is no 12v present on the relay to power up the contractor. Bypassing the relay would power up the outdoor unit so I think the 12V that is supposed to be coming from the indoor unit is not present.

Am I missing something on my troubleshooting?

What should I look at the indoor unit to check the 12v?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Mitsubishi Mr Slim

P8 is a sensor fault or the system may be short of refrigerant due to a leak.

Search the internet for that error code and you will find more details.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Mitsubishi Mr Slim

old mitsi j an k series r22 era used 12v dc on 1 an 2 for compresor signal and 12vdc on no 3 for reversing valve- p8 is either outdoor abnormality ALSO its during thermo on the room temp or coil temp hasnt increased within a defined time- i e outdoor not running.
    to detect outdoor unit abnormality- if it has the pcb board- inside the cover shows 2 push buttons and leds 1-8 when leds lit it shows outputs ie comp on , crankcase htr fan etc pressing 1 of the buttons shows failure (led will flash) the other push button resets the code