GTH (KW) & GTSH (kw) Sizing

Hi,

I am quoting a project that has been engineered, with the Air conditioning specs I have been given a table with each air con design. There are two columns GTH and GTSH(KW). This is the first time have I quoted jobs like this, so I just want to make sure that I am on the right track. I assume that the GTH is the Air conditioning size in KW, is this correct or is there more to it?

Kind regards

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: GTH (KW) & GTSH (kw) Sizing

Try

GTH Grand total heat
    GTSH Grand total sensible heat

And, welcome to the forum.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

The ratio between each is the SHR sensible heat ratio, difference between a good design and a cheap design. be carefull, have a safety factor in your favour, particually in Australia. Ambient conditions can go from dry to humid in a matter of hours.
    What part of australia are quoting for. ? Check the average weather conditions for a several year period to get a grasp on averages.

I am quoting for QLD. So the total of the two is just an extra heat load. This then needs to be added onto the heat load for the m2 of the room size?

Hi
    in a word NO. !!!!!!
    Queensland is HOT and steamy on occassions, with the odd cyclone as a test.
    Start again, grand total heat is what the cooling system will max supply, which includes sensible and latent cooling. sensible being the real effective cooling that clients can feel, as a body . Latent is the removal of moisture with no effective temperature change , basically ripping moisture out of the enclosure space.
    Selecting equipement for a single office space or a high rise building is critical, the SHR is very important

Yes that all makes sense now. Sorry I got a bit confused. For a similar job I am sizing for a school For a domestic application I have been shown to use 150w per m2. for this school I have used this plus 3660w for 30 kids. I have worked this out form my text book. I have then added another 10% safety.

eg.

65m2x150=9750w Plus 3360 = 13410 + 10% =14751w.