Calculation on chillers

Hello all,

Glad to be back again here with a new profile.. I got to say that i didnt have much believe in this forums future when i was here 1-2 years ago. But it seems like people are getting more active, very glad to see that

I study refrigeration, and i got an assignment on chillers which i know little off. I need to find some standard formulas regarding calculation on a chiller. Formulas for sizing a chiller, GPM and so on, hope you can help thanks in advance

Re: Calculation on chillers

First suggestion is to work with SI metric a lot easy to understand.
    Get hold of a chiller manufacturers published data details as a second suggestion, there is a mountain of info available on the internet, then all will become clearer with flow rates and cooling capacity, plus power consumed and heat of rejection.
    As a student of refrigeration, start studying. No free lunches around here.

Thank you for your answer. Don't worry im not here for free lunches, i just wanted to get some advisces and inspiration on how to find information about the topic.

Hi, Lundh

welcome back to RE forums ... what happen with your old profile ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    Hello all,

Glad to be back again here with a new profile.. I got to say that i didnt have much believe in this forums future when i was here 1-2 years ago. But it seems like people are getting more active, very glad to see that

I study refrigeration, and i got an assignment on chillers which i know little off. I need to find some standard formulas regarding calculation on a chiller. Formulas for sizing a chiller, GPM and so on, hope you can help thanks in advance
    Ok, let's try to make this easy, if

.... can you, please, give us some more details about chillers you want to sell/install,manufacture

... purpose-what are you cooling or maybe heating
    ... refrigerants you want to use (primary/secondary)
    ... capacity you need
    ... do you want to manufacture HE by yourself or to buy
    ... HE will be Shell&Tube, plate HE, or some other type like ice water pool
    ... what type of compressors are you going to use

... so many questions ...

... but this is the only way to give you some good advice

... now you see what is meaning of "no free lunches around here" ... you cannot get something for nothing ... has nothing with food ... you need to sweat a little, too not possible to give you all on plate - like free lunch

.... anyhow try to search RE forums with different tags and I believe you'll find a lot of very useful posts and links and we can try to help you as much as possible ... try to realize that is not easy to help you if we do not know anything about your needs ....

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

MAy I ask, why didn't you see a future for this forum? Allways wanting to learn and ready to listen to improve.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

3 years ago i create channel in whatsapp, where i add friends from HVAC.
    Its more quickly to asq question in real time.

Hi Josip. Thanks for your answer. I had to sweat a little but I finally got it on paper The reason I asked for advices is that u have little knowledge about refrigeration systems with secondary fluids. But I think the outcome was good after cooking my own lunch hehe