Thread: Our forum

Our forum

Being an avid reader of this site, isn't it great to see it getting so many posts, as not long ago it was dying. Well done to all who participate. Keep it up guys.

Re: Our forum

hi niceman.
    You have generated alot of interest, particually from an old person like myself . Thank you for being envolved. keep it coming, the younger chaps need to learn from experienced people like your good self.
    magoo

The activity level has raised, when i was here a year ago it was a complete wasteland ! Glad to be back with a new account Can't wait to learn from you experienced guys here

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    The activity level has raised, when i was here a year ago it was a complete wasteland ! Glad to be back with a new account Can't wait to learn from you experienced guys here
    What happened to your old account that you had to rejoin?

Any forum needs it's members to participate, just sitting and reading doesn't provide much help to those who bother to put fingers to keyboards.

Been here over 15 years now and like anywhere it has its ups and downs but it's no good sitting back doing nothing, you have to join in if you want things to grow.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 31-03-2016 at 10:55 PM.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Well put Brian UK ,
    I have got up a few noses with people to generate activity, all good fun.
    Your thing at bottom of post says you are moving house, that will be mission. Do not envy that situation. What? bigger and brighter or smaller and easier.
    If I had to move , god forbid , the scap man would make a fortune. My theory is I leave feet first in a box , which is not too away. \
    magoo

Im stil here!- but either workin or babysittin grandson/beast so not much spare time

He all ,

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    Im stil here!- but either workin or babysittin grandson/beast so not much spare time
    I'm here too ... little more then 10 years (Dez- where is my watch) ...

what I can say ... still wandering around the world doing my job and coming back home babysittin five of them

no ... no ... I am not complaining ... just enjoying ...

Agree with Brian_UK ...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Well put Brian UK ,
    I have got up a few noses with people to generate activity, all good fun.
    Your thing at bottom of post says you are moving house, that will be mission. Do not envy that situation. What? bigger and brighter or smaller and easier.
    If I had to move , god forbid , the scap man would make a fortune. My theory is I leave feet first in a box , which is not too away. \
    magoo
    The move is inspired by a need to downsize and to release a bit of capital.

We must be nuts though. The new kitchen comprises a sink, two socket outlets a a gas point. There is therefore a little bit of work needed, but still it keeps me off the streets I suppose.
    Retired March 2015

Hi Brian.
    Are you staying in the Torquay area?
    You must notice a difference now the bypass is complete/
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Blog Entries

It has been a bit quiet, and it is indeed great to see things picking up

I work 99.99% on industrial systems and NH3, and that part of the forum can be quiet for a loooong time.

But I still check in here every day or two and I always use the "new posts" button to show me new posts since my last visit, in case there is something interesting, or something I feel I have knowledge enough about to reply to

But it seems like 2015 in general was a slow year for the refrigeration business, at least here in Norway, I feel like all I did all year was general maintenance, filter changes, etc etc, I had some commissioning of new plants, but they all came off without a hitch, so I didn't have to come here to gripe, or to ask for advice
    And talking to my counterparts in competing companies, they say the same thing, 2015 was a sloow year.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It has been a bit quiet, and it is indeed great to see things picking up

I work 99.99% on industrial systems and NH3, and that part of the forum can be quiet for a loooong time.

But I still check in here every day or two and I always use the "new posts" button to show me new posts since my last visit, in case there is something interesting, or something I feel I have knowledge enough about to reply to

But it seems like 2015 in general was a slow year for the refrigeration business, at least here in Norway, I feel like all I did all year was general maintenance, filter changes, etc etc, I had some commissioning of new plants, but they all came off without a hitch, so I didn't have to come here to gripe, or to ask for advice
    And talking to my counterparts in competing companies, they say the same thing, 2015 was a sloow year.
    Did you get my reply ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Hi Brian.
    Are you staying in the Torquay area?
    You must notice a difference now the bypass is complete/
    Grizzly
    Moving over to the edge of Newton Abbot and yes, that road has improved journey times greatly.
    Retired March 2015