Question about R11 and gasoline

Hi guys,

I have a question, In most of countries we use R11 , R141B or something replaced for them.
    I have important question, Why we do not use for example gasoline for clearing oil and make inside of refrigeration closed system pipes and parts clean such as we do with R11 ?
    Just for this reason that gasoline is dangerous and flammable ? Or there is other important topic that usually we do not pay attention to that ?

Best regards

Re: Question about R11 and gasoline

Apart from the flammability issue i think it would leave a residue behind. Also whatever cleaning fluid is used would need to be compatible with the materials found in the refrigeration system.

I have used methylated spirits for cleaning out pipe fittings or degreasing prior to brazing but wouldn't think it suitable for flush a system with.
    Last edited by monkey spanners; 27-03-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: Question about R11 and gasoline

Iso propyle and methanol alcohol have both proved good flushing substances for my self, nice thing is I can distill them and reuse them !

Both will evaporate well out of the system with no residue providing it was clean to start, but you must preheat the vacuum pump or use a cold trap as it will dilute the oil other wise.
    Now in Redvers Sask.