Microchannel condenser

These condensers get popular around.

Any experience? Thoughts? Knowledge?

Thanks.

Re: Microchannel condenser

Hi Chemi
    Go onto the Danfoss website for the MCHE range of heat exchangers . under documents there is a Fitters Note on both Brazed plate and Micro channel HE's.
    Most of the |Danfoss Optyma range of condensing units use the Micro channel. I was involved in their early days of sales and installs.
    No real problems apart from keeping them clean etc which is explained in the Fitters Notes.
    But the advantages are their low weight , low refrigerant charge and good efficiency
    Disadvantages , easy to damage their connections, soft aluminium, easy to cause them to leak (Touching dissimilar metals "Electrical Junction corrosion = leakage. Dirt and dust (cleaning a must)

What pro's and con's?)

Thanks glenn.

I'm aware of their advantages but a bit worried about the micro channels get clogged with dirt from the compressor or oil separator in case of a problem.

I'm using them for a few years now and apart from cleaning them more often, no problems so far.

Here's the link for Danfoss.
    http://products.danfoss.co.uk/produc...at-exchangers/

They are being used in a lot of new transport equipment,but initial problems with leaks,used on a lot of car ac systems because of space I guess there is a process used by some manufacturers of transport equipment that helps in the build up of dirt ingress.

lot of chillers coming with them too, have heard of a lot of early failures in certain brands, none repairable from what i've heard so new coil, upside is that coil is easily replaced
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.