Smile Daikin FTXS71JVMA problem

Hi All, I am new to this Forum and am located In Australia, I need some help with a problem in a FTXS71JVMA split system. First up some history, The unit was working fine when that smell (someone let the smoke out) occured from the inside unit and the whole thing shut down, would not respond to the manual switch and the louvres just hung open. Installed a new main PCB the infra red PCB and the intelligent eye all in the inside unit. Now the outside unit starts the louvres open and after a minute or so it shuts down and the operation light flashes indicating a fault. I checked the Fault codes and it comes up with A6 which is indoor fan motor lock, overload. The fan turns fine by hand no obstructions and spins freely. am i missing something or is this motor burnt out?. There was definately a fault in the PCB as it was not letting power through. All help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Dave.

Re: Daikin FTXS71JVMA problem

Hi Narkom, thanks for the help, I will check that out. I am thinking the motor has a fault.
    Dave.

Just an update on this problem, I have checked the voltages at the Fan motor plug on the PCB and got the following readings, Motor power supply voltage-348VDC, Motor Control voltage-14.38VDC, Rotation Command voltage-1VDC, also had about 14VDC at the rotation pulse pin. This all appears OK but when the unit is turned off all of the readings remain the same?, any input will be appreciated. There is something slightly different about the PCBs I will try and get some pictures uploaded later for opinions.
    Thankyou,
    Dave.

I think, you have a faulty fan motor which took out the indoor PCB when it failed, Daikin usually advise to replace fan motors with PCB's ( to cover thier arse I think).