Thread: Scary moments.

Scary moments.

Older members you will remember the c/r door catches which where top and bottom of door with a rod between them that the door handle rotated, well l went to a local butchers one sunday morning, met him at home and he gave me shop keys and said he was off out on his boat for the day, put keys thru his letterbox later. Did repair on long narrow freezer room, went inside to check temp etc.obviously l shut the door behind me. Pushed internal door pushrod, nothing happened,locked in a WORKING freezer room. Hung onto meat rails kicking at door till eventually top catch gave, still locked in. Had to move meat onto 1 rail and used other rail to lever door open. Found studs securing door handle to rod loose! Went back Monday morning to drill into rod so studs secure and butcher said Oh thats happened to me, but now l don't shut the door. I could have died in there, so much for lone working.

Re: Scary moments.

That's a scary one,myself got locked in my van once with slam locks fitted dark as a coal mine found my torch stripped the door panel off phew!,another one was when a capacitor blew up and I was working next to it in a shop that was some bang!

i always take a extra five minutes now just checking everything safe and someone knows were i am , when i was young it did not matter because i was indestructible

Arrived late back to workshop after working out ot town, every one gone everything locked up.
    Hanging from gantry crane tied up by his feet was the cheeky and real smart ass apprentice, crying his eyes out. He must have really annoyed some one that day.
    A marked change in attitude after that incident.