Testo temperature monitoring

Good morning all,

I am installing a new temp monitoring system across the site in all cold-stores to replace the existing, out of date Testo system.

The current devices are currently mounted on the wall approximately 3/4 of the way up. This can mean they are effected by air off temps from near by evaps and so not give an accurate store temp. This can create false alarms and false reports if looking back over the day/week/month.

My question is, what is the best height/location for the new devices to be mounted at? All the stores are different heights and sizes but range from 25' to 50'. Some are so high that come callibration day they are near on impossible to get to because of pallets of fruit, access etc..

Martin

Re: Testo temperature monitoring

Hi Martin

it is not easy to give you an exact advice where to install temperature sensors ...

but the "rules" are ...

- far away from the doors to not be affected by warm air from outside during manipulation of goods ....

- far away from cold air stream coming from HE to not be not affected in opposite way as above

- sensor/s would be placed in the place with the minimal air flow around to be able to measure "static" air temperature ... i.e. the real air temperature within the cold room

- and height position of course depend on the size of cold room, but in generally depend on stacked goods i.e. density of pallets, height of stack etc. ....

- sometimes it is necesarry to install two sensors into the same room due the size ...

I hope you'll get some more good advices from other valuable members too...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

image.jpg

As an example this is one of the stores where I want to change the position of the device. The current device is on the far left of the picture and I think too high/too close to air flow from the evap
    Martin

A temperature sensing device should not sense the cold air discharge.
    It should be located on the air suction fan guard. That's the real room air temp.

Hi thanks for your response, I have air probes on the fan guards reading air on but the fans are not operating all the time so the Testo sensors need to be mounted on the wall. I want to put them lower down at say head height to make it easier to maintain and calibrate but not sure if that is too low?
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Davies View Post
    Hi thanks for your response, I have air probes on the fan guards reading air on but the fans are not operating all the time so the Testo sensors need to be mounted on the wall. I want to put them lower down at say head height to make it easier to maintain and calibrate but not sure if that is too low?
    Place them at the narrow side of the evaporator, should be fine.