Daikin Controllers

I am doing a quote for Daikin 2 Multi splits (2MXS40D and 3MXS40D) With 5 indoors, 3 x FTXS20DW, 1 x FTXS25DW, 1 x FTXS35DW.

I know with Daikin VRV you have to buy the controllors seperate. Is it the same for the splits and multi-splits?

The reason I ask is because I remember a few years ago someone at the company I used to work for in England quoted for 150 splits (cassettes) and forgot that the facias were seperate.

This will be the first time we use Daikin Espaņa and in the catalogue there is no mention of controllers in the splits and multi-splits section.

Anyone any idea?

regards
    paul..

Re: Daikin Controllers

Hi Paul

The 2MXS40D has 3.9kw total cooling capacity (UK Conditions) = 27C outdoor 21C indoor. If you are connecting 1x FTXS20's and 1 x FTXS35 then, in your ambient conditions you will only get slightly less than these duties.

You can't get a 3MXS40 - it's a 3MXS52 and fitting 3 x FTXS20's will give about 1.78kw per room.

The wall mounted fan coil units come with their own infra red remote controller so don't worry. It's only on the hard wired controllers where sometimes you have to buy them seperately.

I've attached spec sheets for the units
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Frank.

The outdoor unit is a 3MXS52D I typed it wrong.

The 3 x 20īs are going in bedrooms and the load is only around 1.6-1.9kW and according to the my catalouge the nominal cooling should be 1.73kW. Itīs unlikely that all 3 units would be run at the same time, so they should be fine.

Is that information you posted from the UK catalouge? My spanish version has different values in the capacity tables for the same models? Maybe they are tested at different temperatures or something?

Cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by airefresco; 02-05-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airefresco
    Is that information you posted from the UK catalouge? My spanish version has different values in the capacity tables for the same models? Maybe they are tested at different temperatures or something?
    The 2MXS40D has 3.9kw total cooling capacity (UK Conditions) = 27C outdoor 21C indoor. If you are connecting 1x FTXS20's and 1 x FTXS35 then, in your ambient conditions you will only get slightly less than these duties.
    Paul
    Look at the bottom of the attachments - it states the operating conditions

As you know - we don't get as much sun as Spain

Hi there as for the controllers like frank said split and multi spilt all come with infra red controllers. The hard wired controllers are not an option for these units. Its only when you move up to the sky air range. But i hear soon there will only be one range of fan coils for split/multi split and sky air

Gents, Check out the Daikin web site, You can now fit a standard wired controller to the split range witha small adaptor pcb(remember to order the little connection cable).
    We fit these if the unit is in a small server room,(stops the IT techy guys running off with them!)