daikin itouch/ controller not able to change set temp?

I have a Daikin vrv system linked via a itouch panel. i have 9 groups on the system but have a problem with one of the groups. They are 6 ceiling cassettes (3x fxfq125aveb, 3x fxfq100aveb) which are also linked to a hardwired controller (brc1e52a7). i have checked the permitted settings on both the itouch and the controller, but i still can't seem to change the set temp? at the moment this group is controlling a main gym and is stuck on 16 degrees, and need to up it to 18? any ideas of what to search for as I'm heading back there soon. this is the only group with a problem all the rest of the units have full control and its very frustrating
    Oh and on the touch panel when i click the settings icon to change the mode, fan speed etc. there is no drop down tab for the set temp? where as all the other groups have this option. Also doesn't have a set temp on the home screen just a return air temp.

cheers

Re: daikin itouch/ controller not able to change set temp?

Can you change the set point from the local controller?Out of the six units in the group, one should be the master which should allow you to change the set point and mode from the itouch. The group may have lost the master setting on the indoor is was originally assigned to. If so one of the six in the group needs to be assigned the master.

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    Can you change the set point from the local controller?Out of the six units in the group, one should be the master which should allow you to change the set point and mode from the itouch. The group may have lost the master setting on the indoor is was originally assigned to. If so one of the six in the group needs to be assigned the master.
    No I cannot change it from the local controller. If I try to change it (16 up to 18 for example) it will just switch back to 16. So I will need to find the master? Will this be the first unit in the circuit of the 6 or will it be a dipswitch setting on the indoor pcb? If I can't find it, is there a way of setting the master?

Thanks so much for the help!

It sounds like a setting has been set on the itouch if the temperature reverts back to 16. Any BMS connected to the system? BMS can also do this. If you don't have any BMS connected press S on the bottom right of the screen on the itouch. Select system from the drop down menu. Select zone/group list . There you will have some addresses. Select an address and select setup. Then select temperature limit. Check if a temperature limit has been setup up for the units in question. Unless you know the addresses of the 6 units in question you will have to select each address and check for a temperature limit setup.

With regards to the master unit if you have a flashing symbol on local controller that means the master unit needs to be set. If you don't have a flashing symbol it's been set.
    When controlling from the itouch select the units in the group in question . One should allow mode and temperature change.

Thanks for the info, I did that and found all the addresses. I went through all the settings and found that I can change all the temp settings, and also enable /disable. Apart from one? Thebms has been linked out I think. I haven't got a clue now until I can get access to indoor units... On a tower!

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bmxaircon View Post
    Thanks for the info, I did that and found all the addresses. I went through all the settings and found that I can change all the temp settings, and also enable /disable. Apart from one? Thebms has been linked out I think. I haven't got a clue now until I can get access to indoor units... On a tower!

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated
    Weird!!, the BMS usually diasbles the permit/prohibit modes but they are there on one of the photos, so i don't think its a BMS issue, one thing that might cause this is whether a VAM or VKM unit is connected to the P1-P2 network of this group control and is auto address 0, swap the unit addresses in the service menu of the BRC1E and see what happens, you might need to reprogram the group address when this has been completed so know this first

Good luck!!

satchwell bms pings a command every 30 seconds - so when you change setpoint in a brc or itouch- then next pinged command from the satchwell will overrule the daikin setpoint- unplug the bms rj45 plug and let it run on the itouch only

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    satchwell bms pings a command every 30 seconds - so when you change setpoint in a brc or itouch- then next pinged command from the satchwell will overrule the daikin setpoint- unplug the bms rj45 plug and let it run on the itouch only
    From the photos the itouch doesn't even give them a set point option on this group address, so can't see the bms or a refresh rate of the bms being the issue, the question is why aren't you seeing the set point for this group? I'd change the auto-address of the fan coils as there are more than one on this local controller first.

Hi,

Hope this helps, I was on the daikin itouch course years ago, im sure theirs a setting which deletes this (to stop people fiddling), perhaps someone has messed with it. (permitted etc etc is for local control)

Daikin would get this going for you over the phone.