Hybrid View

Air conditioning maintenance procedure

Can anybody tell me were to find/ download an air conditioning split heat pump maintenance check list for business standard annual maintenance. Or what would you suggest is a standard checking cleaning procedure for air con. And is there any paperwork to be handed to the client apart from the bill?.

Re: Air conditioning maintenance procedure

I did a search on the web for one of these before I found this forum but found no good one.

I'd be interested in having a look at one / helping to put one together.

I'd obviously perfer to look at an existing one, I'm lazy ....lol
    If it was easy everyone would do it.

It would be nice to have a download page on this site for standard forms such as Methode Statments Hot work certs,time sheets etc. I just want to fix fridges not become an admin clerk or spread sheet,form maker.But I will if I have to.

I.T pays more than fridge work! Just look at the job ads.

this is a great idea, as some companies think that a SERVICE is for a younf 16 year lad turn up with a brush, to take the filters out, give them a bash outside the front door, and put them back,
    SERVICE complete !

Drives me mad !

That's a good idea, a Recommended Service.

What gets me is when a Company arrives to Carry out a SERVICE, they send a young lad who has no experience at all, with a hand brush, to take out the filters , give them a bang, put them back and then leave !!!
    I have seen this happen and stood watching with the owner of the shop !

The owner thought it was the Normal ! and was a full service.

Re, Maintenance Procedures

Usually there is no money in Maintenance contracts, so the young lad is employed to carry out the routine work!

It was probably my son who i send out to clean the filters.
    I do tell him to check all the off coil temps and log the information on the service sheet for the customer to sign

If I had gone i would have scrounged a cup of tea and maybe a biscuit before leaving!

About 10 years ago I started to do work for a local company who was trying to exspand the Maintenance division, Every quote the manager was doing, he was losing - to exspensive

Because he was of the old school- he wanted all pressures switches checked, amperages checked, temperatures checked and recorded, Condenser+evapourator coils cleaned etc etc.
    all this on Marstair/ Daikin or Mitsu equipment

regards Bob

Blog Entries

how about a download section where people could upload information/technical files along with comments from the uploader of what the files were good for, and let other users add their own comments to the file on how useful they were on solving different problems.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    how about a download section where people could upload information/technical files along with comments from the uploader of what the files were good for, and let other users add their own comments to the file on how useful they were on solving different problems.
    Sorry Tycho, missed this earlier....

If you click on the "Database" link on the header section you will find that section is already started. Whether it has what you want is another matter of course
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bobjob
    Re, Maintenance Procedures

Usually there is no money in Maintenance contracts, so the young lad is employed to carry out the routine work!

It was probably my son who i send out to clean the filters.
    I do tell him to check all the off coil temps and log the information on the service sheet for the customer to sign

regards Bob
    sorry but i dont agree, its like having a in experienced person carry out a main service on your car, i know it happens but it shouldnt.
    The Customer pays top money and expects a fully qulified enginner.

There is money to be made in service work

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S_Line
    sorry but i dont agree, its like having a in experienced person carry out a main service on your car, i know it happens but it shouldnt.
    The Customer pays top money and expects a fully qulified enginner.

There is money to be made in service work

agree, if I order maintenance on something, I expect a guy who knows his shat...

we are all here people who know their way around most things, but sometimes you need to order someone who has the specific knowledge and the right spare parts, and I dont expect to have someone come to my house to fix something and know less than what I have learned from "tinkering with it"

I had that happen once... but he was so young and I was in a good mood, and lead him towards the solution and told him "oh, thats so easy "even I could fix it" and just send the spares to my house and I'll fix it myself, instead of having him come back and spend three hours dismantling something that didnt need dismantling... still under warranty
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Well, here is a list of things to do, in case that helps...

ROOM UNIT
    Evaporator and drains, drip tray and pump. # Check and clean. Check condensate drain is clear and clean. Check operation of condensate pump. # 3M

Condensate pump (where fitted). # Locate collection reservoir tank and clean out any dirt. Check operation of float. Check pump operation with clean water. Refit these items. # 6M

Condensate Tray. # Check for loose debris. Remove using wet and dry vacuum cleaner.
    Check condition and repaint as necessary. Disinfect tray and trap with addition of sodium hypochlorite solution or similar tray disinfectant. Drain and thoroughly flush tray and trap until no water remains in condensate tray. Refill trap with fresh water. # 6M

Fans and motors. # Where applicable: Check bearings and lubricate as necessary. Inspect and check on fan guard covers and inspection plates. # 3M

General cleanliness # Wipe clean unit casing. # 3M

Controls. # Clean and check operation of all unit controls and sensors. # 3M

Filter elements. # Remove and clean or replace as per manufacturers recommendations. # 3M

System operation. # Confirm that system is in accordance with design parameters (temperatures on/off coil etc). If poor performance check refrigerant charge is adequate (any deficiency implies a possible leak) 3M

Refrigerant leaks. # NOTE: This is outside the scope of the basic maintenance – if a leak is found on the system the following REPAIR work is involved: Remove gas from the system and pressure-test system to find leaks. Repair and retest until satisfactory test. Check existing refrigerant suitable for returning to system; if so recharge system and top up as necessary. (Mixture gases may need full replacement with new gas after a leak)

Evaporator fins. # Check for damage and/or dust accumulation. Clean as necessary. Comb fins if necessary. # 6M

Insulation. # Check condition. Repair and reseal as necessary. # 6M

Electrical. # Check for damage to flexible conduits. Tighten all terminal connections on unit and local isolator. Check integrity of electrical insulation. # 6M

CONDENSING UNIT

Compressor. # Check for undue noise or vibration and high or low cylinder head discharge pressure. # 3M

Fans and motors. # Check bearings and lubricate as necessary. Inspect and check on fan guard covers and inspection plates. # 3M

General cleanliness. # Clean surfaces of compressor and components of condensing unit.
    Wipe clean unit casings. # 3M

System operation. # Confirm that it is in accordance with design parameters. # 3M

Controls. # Clean and check operation of all unit controls, sensors and any safety devices. # 3M

Condenser fins. # Check for damage and/or dust accumulation. Clean as necessary. Comb fins if necessary. # 6M

Refrigerant pipework. # Check for vibration and rectify any loose or inadequate support/fixing. # 6M

Insulation. # Check condition. Repair and reseal as necessary. # 6M

Electrical. # Check for damage to flexible conduits. Tighten all terminal connections. Isolate local control panel and inspect for signs of overheating. Check integrity of electrical insulation. # 6M

---------------------

Hope that helps.

george148 Guest

please i want to know more about how to service aircondition so please give me more knowledge about it and give me s line,s contact number or emial address