Thread: B & Q Ac

B & Q Ac

If our local diy centre's split system ac's are so good, and easy to install "if you can install a washing machine, you can install air-conditioning", how come our local store in Llandudno has had a Toshiba RAS inverter system recently installed and not one of their owm "quality" products?

Re: B&Q A/C

I saw the same kind of thing at a large B&Q nearby. I think it was either Fujitsu or a Daikin, proudly looking over the stand full of the DIY jobs.

On the one hand, I guess when they were setting up things in that building some years ago B&Q did not have these DIY jobs to hand, and only since then stocked them.

On the other hand, maybe the run-length was a good deal more than the 2-3m that the DIY systems seem to have. ie, the DIY thing I saw was possible for a back2back application, only. {Though I only had time for a fast look but did not see anything else that could run further than a back2back arrangement.}

I wouldn't worry about the DIY brigade. a) The more people have aircon the more that want it, so it just beefs up enquiries/sales. b) The DIY kit and the DIYers days are numbered with the likes of REFCOM pushing more and more into the industry requiring only qualified fridge engineers to handle fridge gas systems (which will include the plug-in jobbies too). And that leaves the qualified engineers to maintain etc.
    Last edited by Makeit go Right; 30-05-2006 at 06:42 PM.