Ammonia Wet Return Line

Hello,
    Please let me know what is the selection criteria of wet return line of ammonia?
    and what will be the suitable line size for ammonia wet return line if the cooling capacity is 287 kW and circulation ratio is 4?

Re: Ammonia Wet Return Line

Large is the short answer.

sorry a little politeness goes a long way, and a lot more information required.

Re: Ammonia Wet Return Line

Hi, Ubaid Rehman welcome to RE forums .... please, it is not needed to ask almost the same question twice ... put all you need in one question .... it is easier for you and for us ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubaid Ur Rehman View Post
    Hello,Please let me know what is the selection criteria of wet return line of ammonia? and what will be the suitable line size for ammonia wet return line if the cooling capacity is 287 kW and circulation ratio is 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubaid Ur Rehman View Post
    Hi,I'm using danfoss coolselector 2 software for selection of liquid and wet return line of ammonia refrigeration system. It provides 3 selection criteria for that which are as below:

1. Pressure Drop or Velocity
    2. Pipe Size
    3. Saturated Temp. Drop (0.02K/m)

Please guide me which one is most accurate one and what is the default value of pressure drop in this software? and what are the recommended velocities for both lines?

to get a good suggestion you must give us as much as possible data regarding your question ... i.e. evaporation pressure/temp, condensing pressure/temp, distance from evaporator to suction separator ...

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.