Daikin VRV3 master reset to default

Hello Guys
    Done a great deal of searching but nothing points me in the right direction.
    Have a RXYMQ6PV4A VRV3 system with five 2.5Kw ducted indoor FCUs.
    In this installation the master ducted fan coil was removed from the system.
    At the same time the outdoor unit was relocated also. The system now has 4 FCU's
    & all individual wall controllers are set as previous to slaves. Since the removal of the master we are getting a U4 comms error. The system was working perfectly prior to the alteration. The F1 & F2 cabling is correct & all power is available to all indoors & outdoor unit.
    Can anyone explain now the original master has been removed I can then make one of the other four a master controller?

Re: Daikin VRV3 master reset to default

Power down the outdoor from the isolator and then power up the outdoor. Press and hold the reset button on the outdoor PCB for around 20 seconds. The outdoor should then find the four fcus after a period of time.

To set the master push and hold the mode button on the controller you want to be the master. Then you should get a flashing symbol. Push the mode button again to set the controller as the master. If that doesn't work you may need to set ds1-1 on the outdoor PCB to on and then try what I said above.
    Switch off ds1-1 once completed.

It it been a while since I've changed a master controller So hopefully someone will more knowledge on it will post soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    Power down the outdoor from the isolator and then power up the outdoor. Press and hold the reset button on the outdoor PCB for around 20 seconds. The outdoor should then find the four fcus after a period of time.

To set the master push and hold the mode button on the controller you want to be the master. Then you should get a flashing symbol. Push the mode button again to set the controller as the master. If that doesn't work you may need to set ds1-1 on the outdoor PCB to on and then try what I said above.
    Switch off ds1-1 once completed.

It it been a while since I've changed a master controller So hopefully someone will more knowledge on it will post soon.
    Hi Neddy
    Thanks for your response, will be going back to site today & set it up.
    Cheers

Your explanation above was spot on thank you! Only thing I had to do it a few times & read the system takes about ten minutes to interrogate what's connected to it & then allows you to set the master unit.

Also believe this system can have a remote heat/cool master station switch, can this be wired back to the outdoor unit or one of the FCU's?

Glad you got sorted.Yes you can have a heat/cool master switch which wires back to the outdoor. Only ever seen a few as most sites just set one controller as the heat/cool master.