Samsung Air Con VRF E152 fault

Hi,

I've been working on various samsung systems on the same site. There are 5 separate DVMS systems. We have an E152 fault on around 15 units throughout the site. 7 on one system, 2 on another, 4 on another and 2 on another. Does anyone have any experience of this fault and can you advise.

The fault suggests the EEV is stuck closed. We're confident the EEVs are working fine, the systems definately have the right gas charge and the adressing is correct 100%.

We're now thinking about a blockage or dirt in the system. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

Re: Samsung Air Con VRF E152 fault

Hi Blair and welcome to the forum.

E152 [EEV failure to open] is the most common fault on the DVM S (HR/3-pipe) systems.
    As you mentioned, cross addressing or crossed pipes is the "usual suspect". In fact, in 99.9% of the cases where E152 are reported is is sorted out by ensuring the indoor units have the correct address for the MCU port it is connected to.
    In the few cases where readdressing the system hasn't sorted the E152 errors out, sadly we have found blockages or kinked pipework to be the issue.

However, I do know your site fairly well and are aware of the issues you are facing so I do understand your frustrations. In the next couple of days I am meeting with the engineer from your Samsung distributor who attended site last week to discuss what further actions should be taken, what the next step should be.

Thanks for getting back to me, look forward to hearing your thoughts on the issue.

Blog Entries

I would suggest to start with control wiring check on each control EEV first.