THERMOKING SB III Charge issues.

HELLO ALL
    Can anyone advise me what is the best course of action to take. I have a thermoking sb iii unit with a X430 compressor. My issue is that the ball in the site glass is not going up despite the pressure on low side being about 40 psi and high side 300 psi. I tried to change the drier but there is not difference. The unit seems to be cooling but not at as fast as it should. Just not sure why the ball is either down or bouncing at the bottom.

Please advise what you think could cause it not to rise up. Oh by the way the temp at these pressures was between -1 to -2c.

Thanks

Re: THERMOKING SB III Charge issues.

Wash the condensor out

Hi i tried that. No difference infact seen the pressure rise to between 60 - 80 on the low side. The high side maintained 290 - 300 psi. Did a 3 way valve test today it seems to have a slow leak but i dont believe any thing that would cause that kind of difference.

Also tighten belts to make sure no slip.

Ok do a pump down test,close receiver and see what happens it should pull a vacuum,if not open it and shut compressor suction to test the compressor

Also do you know the history of the unit,pull the charge vac and recharge with new gas in liquid form to the specifications of the unit

thanks will give it a go tomorrow. Yes we had a problem with previous compressor and changed the compressor. i recharged it and everything including the ball was normal. it was parked for a month or so and then just decided to do a check on the system before dispaych and discovered the problem.

Have you tried adding refrigerant to the system. It sounds like it is low on charge to me. Several pounds low on charge doesn't make a drastic difference in system pressures most of the time.