Sanyo paci addressing

Evening all,

Following a move from Doing Tesco HVAC I've made the transition back over to sainsburys on M and E.

I've inherited a site which has 3 Sanyo splits wired to a group controller. Initially had l10 fault (iirc) anyhow a new eprom chip to what looks like a replaced pcb. After this I have e20 (led1 four times, led2 twenty times??) any how, done the auto address and it can't read the indoor unit?? Belled out interconnecting, all good and power etc. All I have is led 1 /2 blinking simultaneously.

Help from Panasonic is like rocking horse poop!!

Any suggestions????

Champion Van Jockey

Re: Sanyo paci addressing

Hi Craig.

I hope the move is beneficial?

Follow the link and click on the individual headings.

The first one describes your fault, I hope its relevant?

http://business.panasonic.com/suppor...ioning_Service Tech Reference Materials
    The Sanyo manual says the same.
    SO2 outdoor temperature sensor failure?

Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 18-02-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

i know on the sanyo vrfs if you change a board then you need to fit the original eeprom chip- otherwise you have to tell the chip what indoor it is and capacity etc

outdoor
    AUTO ADDRESS
    (S001)
    Push-button switch (black): Automatic address setting switch
    If the system address switch (S002: set to 0 at time of shipment) setting is other than “0”
    (central control), press this switch once to automatically set the addresses at all indoor
    units which are in the same system, and are connected to that outdoor unit.
    During automatic address setting, the 2 LEDs (red) on the outdoor unit control PCB blink
    alternately.
    (Pressing this switch again stops automatic address setting.)
    If automatic address setting is currently in progress at another system that is subject to
    central control, only LED 1 on the outdoor unit control PCB blinks to indicate that automatic
    address setting is in progress at another unit. If automatic address setting is in progress
    at another unit, automatic address setting cannot be started at this unit, even if S001 is
    pressed.

Hi!

Yes a good move financially, however, the rest is yet to be known, but I have an inkling that this will be a good move.

Back to the Sanyo,

I've tried the auto address.

The system is configured as Four outdoors and four indoor cassettes.
    One outdoor and cassette has been made redundant due to shop floor space being reduced so the store can open longer (u guys know the drill !!).
    The redundant unit is isolated and controls are choc blocked out.(Parts??? ����)
    This leaves three units in operation.
    Daisy chained to one controller (central)

Should I remove the central controller and separate the controller daisy and attach my single unit wall mount controller to confirm correct operation of individual units?? Would this help!!

I hate central controllers!! Set em at 21c auto and hide the individual controllers in the ceiling to stop busy fingers!!!

Cheers again guys!!
    Last edited by CraigF; 18-02-2016 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Fat Finger
    Champion Van Jockey

Just to update, Panasonic/Sanyo do not know what is wrong with the unit either... Suggested replace as the kit on site is 12 yrs old. However, pcbs have been ordered... Here we go!!!
    Champion Van Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by CraigF View Post
    Just to update, Panasonic/Sanyo do not know what is wrong with the unit either... Suggested replace as the kit on site is 12 yrs old. However, pcbs have been ordered... Here we go!!!
    Good Luck Craig.
    Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Hi Craig

I work for Panasonic. Don't know if we talked.
    The control voltage for most Sanyo Commercial splits comes off the Power PCB.
    I usually use an analogue meter to test U1 and U2 for voltage this is a 12 V pulsed signal which usually shows up as a Jumping needle on an analogue meter.
    Most digital meters compensate for voltage fluctuation so it can be difficult to read on a good digital meter.
    I would suggest the following (excuse me but cover the stupid obvious first)
    1. Check the cable if its shorting to earth or broken conductors or a dead short across the cable.
    2. Try the emergency plugs on both the outdoor and indoor PCB. Move the pink and blue control wires
    from the blue socket into the brown EMG socket on the indoor and outdoor PCB
    3 ensure the open short end terminal resistance pins have the link on the middle and short end.
    You will find these above the EMG socket to the left (open-short printed on the PCB in white above these pins.)
    4. After above do an address on the system press the AADD button on the out door PCB
    If your cable is good
    The control is in the emg plug
    The open short line is in short position

Do you have voltage on U1 and U2??
    have you installed the eeprom on the indoor PCB correctly??
    An eeprom has a dot printed on one end and the base has a groove in one side the dot and grove line up>

If above OK the either indoor or outdoor POWER PCB. If you have other units on site
    you could swap the power PCB form a different unit to check this.

Contact me on 00353872696043 if you need assistance while on site.
    I used to be TECHGUY in here but profile no longer active.
    If you cant get me send me a txt I'll get back to you.

Let me know if I can help