Carrier Chiller 30GX-132-A0359-PEE

Hi Guys

I have a carrier chiller 30gx-132, it is 10 years old. I've had issues with leaks on the chiller, on both circuits, and I have had to replace the oil pump on cct A. {spaced out over the last number of years}

My post today is looking for any possible advice on a new issue. One of the guys I work with attended the site today and found one compressor seized, alarming locked rotor, and the other cct is alarming oil fault. {I know when this chiller usually alarms the facilities team on site tend to just reset it and ignore that it ever alarmed}

My question is, is there a communal board, or some circuitry that has to do with the oil circuits for both circuits. I just find it a bit coincidental that one cct can have a seized comp and another cct is alarming an oil issue. Or can anyone advise what they think might be a road to go to find the issue?

I am attending site in the morning myself, so I will have more info about the problem then.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give

Re: Carrier Chiller 30GX-132-A0359-PEE

hi gaj87, yes both systems? have you any history of work done on this site? has the oil ever been changed? has the oil filter ever been cleaned has the gas ever been tested for contaminants. or has the system ever had a new dryer on it ? all the best on your quest. = sedgy

Re: Carrier Chiller 30GX-132-A0359-PEE

Hi Sedgy

Apologies only replying now. I appreciate your response to my post.

The issue lied with the oil filters. the external and internal oil filters on both circuits were never changed before. once I replaced them both my circuits ran good with no issues. Carrier have designed their chillers to make replacing these filters a very simple task.

Cheers