Carrier 30XA Chillers

Hi all,

What is the general opinion on these chillers?

In my line of work, I get quite involved in the selection of various plant such as chillers to make sure the equipment meets spec and also the installation on site, however, I have very little involement when we finish the project and everything is handed over to the client.

On a recent project, it turns out that the Carrier 30XA (around 1200kW) ticks all the boxes so it's probably what is going to be installed, so, are these units reliable over time and do service/repair engineers consider them any good? We had other options from Trane, Swegon and a few others.

On the last couple of projects we've used Climaveneta Turbocor units which seemed OK.

Re: Carrier 30XA Chillers

Come on guys they can't be that bad

Hi Dazza.
    Your question is a dilemma for most on here who understand the main principles of this forum.
    Which are.
    1) Help fellow refrigeration engineers and others employed within this detailed and sometimes complex profession.
    2) Respect all and refrain from personal / work endorsements.

So I who work for company ABC cannot nor should not promote ABC products.
    Nor should I slag off anyone else's.
    So when you ask about company D or E I try and refrain from commenting.
    It helps none on the forum and is counter productive to us all helping each other!

I am sure if someone feels strong enough about you chosen product that they may PM you.
    I personally although not totally conversant with Carrier Products have found many to be of a good standard.

Their controls system is easy enough to understand and I have no issue with them.

Whether the particular chiller is sized and set up to suit what you need Only you can answer that one!

So please seek help and advise whenever you wish.
    BUT DO NOT seek endorsements.

It is not fair and is counter productive.

Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Hi Dazza.
    Your question is a dilemma for most on here who understand the main principles of this forum.
    Which are.
    1) Help fellow refrigeration engineers and others employed within this detailed and sometimes complex profession.
    2) Respect all and refrain from personal / work endorsements.

So I who work for company ABC cannot nor should not promote ABC products.
    Nor should I slag off anyone else's.
    So when you ask about company D or E I try and refrain from commenting.
    It helps none on the forum and is counter productive to us all helping each other!

I am sure if someone feels strong enough about you chosen product that they may PM you.
    I personally although not totally conversant with Carrier Products have found many to be of a good standard.

Their controls system is easy enough to understand and I have no issue with them.

Whether the particular chiller is sized and set up to suit what you need Only you can answer that one!

So please seek help and advise whenever you wish.
    BUT DO NOT seek endorsements.

It is not fair and is counter productive.

Grizzly
    Hi Grizzly,

Please accept my apologies for this, I certainly did not intend to cause a dilemma for anyone. My question was more out of sheer curiosity. I will keep this in mind for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza_95 View Post
    Hi Grizzly,

Please accept my apologies for this, I certainly did not intend to cause a dilemma for anyone. My question was more out of sheer curiosity. I will keep this in mind for the future.
    Good answer Dazza.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Like I said feel free to ask, Just try to be unbiased that's all!
    everyone likes to help and will given half a chance!
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Can't speak about larger stuff, not my line of work but my philosophy is to buy units from somewhere which may not necessarily be the cheapest but where I have a good relationship with the wholesaler and can be sure if there is a fudge up somewhere along the line (hasn't happened yet!) then they wont bodyswerve anything. No good buying from someone who offers poor warranty back up, etc.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Like any chillers they are OK until they breakdown