Thread: Daikin VRV IV

Daikin VRV IV

Calling all Daikin experts...
    I have installed a system with 1 heat pump outdoor unit connected to 5 No fan coils via a branch connector manifold kit. The system has been through its test run function and all operating well.
    One of the controllers has automatically been assigned as the master - all others now show the centralized control display on their respective r/c's. As the master determines either the heating, cooling , or auto heat, or auto cool modes, can I choose which controller is the master - and how would I set this, or is this all done automatically and cannot be altered? The controller first powered up has become the master at present.
    Outdoor unit RXYSQ8TMY1B - mini vrv iv.
    confused..

Re: Daikin VRV IV

do u have the installation manual handy? on page 36 it tells you how too change the heat cool master .. by the looks of it u press and hold the mode button of the current master controller for about 5 seconds and the centralized control display will flash on all remote controllers , then press the mode button once on the controller u wish too be set as the heat cool master..

hope this helps

Thanks Stephen - spot on with your advise. Only just been back to site or final set up. I found the manual you made reference to online - different to the one supplied with the unit..
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen72 View Post
    do u have the installation manual handy? on page 36 it tells you how too change the heat cool master .. by the looks of it u press and hold the mode button of the current master controller for about 5 seconds and the centralized control display will flash on all remote controllers , then press the mode button once on the controller u wish too be set as the heat cool master..

hope this helps
    Good one.
    Tried this on a 407C VRV yesterday and worked as described.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.