Super Seal leak sealer

Hi All
    Has anyone used Super Seal Advanced or Super Seal Total by Cliptight in Toronto?
    We have a system with several small leaks that are hard to find or very costly to repair.
    It has been suggested we use the above sealer.
    I am sceptical about these products and have done some research about the same or similar products with mixed reports, some good some bad.
    I would be interested to hear if anyone has used this product and what they thought of it.
    Regards
    Paul

Born to fish, forced to work

Re: Super Seal leak sealer

Yes go ahead and open the box of snakes, why don't you.

OK, jokes aside,
    I have used this on a few systems, as a last resort to keep them running until replacement.
    It does work and do seals the leaks. BUT, if any bad practices are used it will (just like a snake) rear it's ugly head and bite you. If the system has moisture in it or you don't vacc it out properly then the sealant will be activated inside your system. Or if a part or oil is taken out of the system the sealant will, as designed, react with the moisture in the atmosphere and harden.

Having said all that, one of the systems I used this on was a large VRF system that had a leak on a section of pipework we couldn't get to and we put this sealant in as a temporary measure. The customer then never could afford the proper repair. In short, the system went from loosing 6-10kg/year to not having any leaks and it carried on running for at least another 6 years (for all I know it might still be running but I changed jobs 4 years ago)

Last edited by The Viking; 01-02-2016 at 09:28 PM.

I have also used this product on rare occasions with success. Agree with the previous reply that it is only as a last resort when clients don't want to give up their equipment. We get them to sign a ``we are not responsible if it doesn't work or damages the system`` type of document.
    Hope that helps.

Used it on milk tanks,
    If the leaks are very small it will do the job.

Refer to the Viking wise words, that's the difference between success and failure.

Hi Guys
    Thanks for the replies. I did read about the moisture in the system causing problems. Apparently it will damage your reclaim unit if you ever recover the refrigerant.
    The use of this sealant is pretty much a last resort repair. We will probably take your advice Airsteve and get them to sign something to say we are not responsible for any damage done by the product.
    Viking, the same company has a product the will help remove moisture from the system first, will probably use that as well.
    Paul
    Born to fish, forced to work