Sabroe 202 - unisab ii

Dear all,
    We're operating some Sabroe 202 with Unisab II controller

I just wander for the controller upgrade option

May any one given an advise, which is the best solution at this time?
    Is that Unisab III a best option?

Many thanks for comment!

Brgds,
    Max

Re: Sabroe 202 - unisab ii

Hi Max1
    I have a few sites with either Unisab II or III.
    However I only have one site so far, that has a 193 on MKIII and 2 x 202's on MKII Unisab's.
    With no Issues!
    Sabroe in the UK at least offer some excellent support.
    I have retrofitted a MKIII to a Grsso Screw Pack with no Issues.
    For those of us that use the Unisab III it has far more options that the old MKII.

But obviously you have to learn the new system, which takes time.
    I assume other controls systems are available?

But I have no experience of them!
    And to be fair to I have a vested interest in Sabroe and as such should not be answering this post.

So don't take my word alone, hopefully others will concur!
    Like all Engineers It's a system I know so I favour it!
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Grizzly, is there an option to wipe that smily face of the screen apart from a fault.
    I would not use it for that part alone because I'm a sad sack.

Good question Ranger

Many have commented on it before, myself included.
    Better to see a smile than a frown!
    The confused chinaman gets Me!
    If you can get past the face it is a really clever system.

For those that don't understand. If the controller is in a neutral zone where the plant is neither loading or unloading.

You get the round face with a horizontal line as the mouth.

Some Danish programmer must still be laughing his nuts off, even now!

Frick use a system called quantum I believe! It looks quite clever all the same and no stupid faces.

Dear Grizzly,
    Your sharing is highly appreciated, I'll keep listen for an other option (like PLC build controller)

Wishing you a good health
    Regards,

I know of a few Unisab's and FRICK panels that have been removed for AB PLC's. The software can be obtained (for a sum) and incorperated into site standard PLC from my understanding.

May I suggest (no affiliation)

Frick Quantum HD

Global sales support, excellent control & safety algorithms, Ethernet capability & Pretty pictures.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big plc guy - but.... the cost, the expertise, the interface..... Lots of guys can slap something together that goes vrrrrmmmmm & trip out on a basic safety, but getting someone who can do saturated temperatures, superheat safeties, provision for operator slide valve calibration, selectable instrument ranges & proper VI algorithms with plc are pretty darn scarse
    Last edited by HVACRsaurus; 04-02-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Hi, Max1

welcome to RE forums ...

Quote Originally Posted by Max1 View Post
    Dear all,
    We're operating some Sabroe 202 with Unisab II controller

I just wander for the controller upgrade option

May any one given an advise, which is the best solution at this time?
    Is that Unisab III a best option?

Many thanks for comment!

Brgds,
    Max

You already have one of the best compressor controller installed .... no need to replace it if it is not broken .... maybe need some good tuning ....

If you have any problem you can describe it here and I believe we can help somehow ... you cannot get from any PLC that good algorithms as installed within Unisab II .... why: it is developed to control refrigeration compressor by company doing refrigeration for almost a century (Sabroe) and not to open or close the doors or similar ...

... with good setup you can control all what you need to keep you compressor safe and with good COP ... Unisab III is newer with some addtional possibilies, but I think that an old Unisab II (of course in good working condition and proper setup) also can do the job ...

I like what wrote HVACRSaurus:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big plc guy - but.... the cost, the expertise, the interface..... Lots of guys can slap something together that goes vrrrrmmmmm & trip out on a basic safety, but getting someone who can do saturated temperatures, superheat safeties, provision for operator slide valve calibration, selectable instrument ranges & proper VI algorithms with plc are pretty darn scarse

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACRsaurus View Post
    May I suggest (no affiliation)

Frick Quantum HD

Global sales support, excellent control & safety algorithms, Ethernet capability & Pretty pictures.

The thing with Quantum panels is they are great when working, when they are not who do you call?
    They will probably cost the same to repair as get a new panel when things go wrong.
    Might be Ok in USA or Europe, but not in Australia in my opinion.
    They have so much stuff in them to meet every occasion & application for the world market, which is highly complex, with only a small number of applications need it.
    I reckon simpler the better!
    Do you really believe constant Vi adjustment really saves anyone any money, no one can prove it in the real world.
    Constant Vi adjustment mainly wears slide valve out & potentially tips on rotors, doesn't matter what you do then, not efficient.
    We have a job full of Quantum panels 3 hours from town, let's say one is playing up or not running, what do I take, where do I get it from in a hurry.
    How many trips am I going to make, meanwhile compressor not working, panel is 10 years old.
    Sorry customer it's going to cost you 15k to replace it, he has 10 in the plant room.
    No one can convince me they are any good.
    Put a PLC in keep no secrets, good programming, copy of programme on site, everybody is a winner (In Australian market).
    We are busy enough without making work.
    Next week it's superseded so goes on & on, that's what they want, not anyone else.
    Next thing client is expected to buy truck load of spares because JCI keep absolutely nothing in Australia.

Blog Entries

Hello Max1, and welcome to RE!

The answer to your question is: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER1 View Post
    Grizzly, is there an option to wipe that smily face of the screen apart from a fault.
    I would not use it for that part alone because I'm a sad sack.
    I knew there was a way to disable the smile.
    Details sent my friend!
    Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I knew there was a way to disable the smile.
    Details sent my friend!
    Grizzly
    Thanks Grizzly , it would be good if other things from face apps could be utilized like high pressure, cycled off, just serviced, needs a service, there are others but not for use here.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER1 View Post
    Thanks Grizzly , it would be good if other things from face apps could be utilized like high pressure, cycled off, just serviced, needs a service, there are others but not for use here.
    I see most of those expressions during a normal day when I look in my rear view mirror!
    Grizzly