AE200 on older city multi

Chaps,

I have just connected an ae200 to 7 city multi systems (2005) total indoors 50.

Having done a fair of few of these on new installs I'm pretty confident all wiring and addressing is correct but after initial set up of the controller I have absolutely no communication and all of the indoor units showing 6607 fault. The controller not picking up anything at all...

I'm thinking maybe I have to do something else as these are older systems?

I found a setting in advanced settings for older model compatibility which I have switched on- no difference. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple here somewhere...? It's very late on Saturday night I'm fed up and would appreciate any ideas???

many thanks in advance!

Re: AE200 on older city multi

Have you got a power pack or did your last controller have a power pack? If the link is in CN 21 the AE 200 it will power the centraliszed control line. If you have any outdoor that has a link in CN 40 it means that outdoor powered the centralised control line for the last controller. If you have connected the AE 200 with a link in CN 40 you could damage the controller as the AE 200 and outdoor will be powering the centralised control line.

Re: AE200 on older city multi

2005 model should be Okay to communicate with AE-200.
    Neddy has point that you need to check the power supply source for TB7 centralized controller line.
    AE-200 has built in power supply unit for TB7.
    If there you used back old power supply unit or shared power from CN-40, then rearrange again.