Thread: Daikin vrv iv

Daikin vrv iv

Hi everyone,

just need a bit bit of technical intellect, first time commissioning a vrv Iv and after addressing the system I found the lads had wired the new multi boxes up wrong on the slaves on put them in the bs unit connection rather than outdoor unit side, anyway to cut a story shut after re wiring and restarting the fault remains on both systems after looking for the old faithful reset button in the condenser I've noticed it's now gone and been replaced with just 3 buttons, is there still a way of doing a hard restart does anyone know for when I'm back in the morning? It'll save me an hours tech call if someone could help me out.

thanks

Re: Daikin vrv iv

Quote Originally Posted by and1dude2001 View Post
    Hi everyone,

just need a bit bit of technical intellect, first time commissioning a vrv Iv and after addressing the system I found the lads had wired the new multi boxes up wrong on the slaves on put them in the bs unit connection rather than outdoor unit side, anyway to cut a story shut after re wiring and restarting the fault remains on both systems after looking for the old faithful reset button in the condenser I've noticed it's now gone and been replaced with just 3 buttons, is there still a way of doing a hard restart does anyone know for when I'm back in the morning? It'll save me an hours tech call if someone could help me out.

thanks
    Enforce a re-initialization of communication: hold push button BS3 “return” for minimum 5
    seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbolute View Post
    Enforce a re-initialization of communication: hold push button BS3 “return” for minimum 5
    seconds.
    Thanks mate, do I need to power the indoors down while doing that or can I just fire away and go for it in its current in fault condition?

Just fire away mate. I always turn the controllers off but that's just me

How can you turn the controllers off on a Daikin vrv?

Just press the on off button? I only turn them off as it's a mind thing, it probably don't make a difference but to me it does lol
    Last edited by Deano240; 10-01-2016 at 10:38 AM.

I've been having quite a few issues with these IV's lately, mostly blown PCB's and fan motors, I'm getting a little concerned about the build quality, at the moment though all parts covered under D5