Linear compressor LG in the fridge

Hi,
    Case: compressor LG FC140NEM, R600a in the LG fridge side by side model GS3159PVFV. There is no fail code. Diagnose: compressor not working. I check the voltage from main PCB to compressor: 8V. Compressor not working. If I gave 230V in short circuit compressor is working good. I suppose that inverter on main PCB will be demage or one of sensors will be demage.
    I haven't any informations from LG, (table of resistance of various sensors, technical documentation). This compressor prabably have three speeds.
    Any advice please.

jest dobrze ale nie jest najgorzej

Re: Linear compressor LG in the fridge

Hi,

First I've heard of a linear compressor so did a bit of homework.
    For those that didn't know it's a bit like a solenoid vibrating up and down. The vibrating bit is the piston and the rest works like a hermetic jobbie. Pros are there are less moving parts.
    Power it with an inverter and all your prayers are answered. LG blub had 10 year warranty on the compressor.

The compressor has 3 pins but only two are used. As you suggest it looks like the PCB(s) have taken a hit but wouldn't like to say for sure which ones or even where they are. Found this manual: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...QxJSlRxC-M7mJg

Don't know if yours is similar?

Hope it helps!
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Re: Linear compressor LG in the fridge

Hi. this manual have information about LED operating condition. Prabably all side by side refrigerators from LG have the same signaling system on their PCB. My PCB have defect. New PCB is about 100EUR. So I try change one, maybe all 4 triacs on PCB. But first of all I ask on electronic engineers forum. After triac change I leave here my conclusions.
    Thank you Andy.
    jest dobrze ale nie jest najgorzej