Threaded View

LG Smart Load Control feature

Hey everyone, over the last 3 years possibly even longer you have been aware of the issues with my LG multi system (FM25AH UE1). Well I am pleased to say that LG have now fitted and supplied FOC a new outdoor unit (MU4M25 U43). Its taken me a long long time and a massive battle to get a resolution with me going really high up within the air con section to get a result. They kept saying that there was no fault despite me spending a fortune on visits and carrying out various diagnostics. In the end it came to light after much testing at their end that my indoor units were not compatible with the outdoor unit due to age. Even though this was fully checked out at install that the new indoor units would be fine with the FM25.

Anyway a question as this new outdoor unit is working fine and seems packed full of energy features, what is this smart load control that is on the outdoor unit dipswitch and why would I need to set it, shouldnt this be in operation automatically as part of the control strategy? The install engineer from LG enabled this mode and it seems to ensure that the air off does not go above about 44C and seems to maintain closer to the set point rather than the unit wanting to cycle off. I might try it without it on to see what we get. Mitsi and all the others dont promote this feature as I assume its already built into the logic and isnt selectable. The LG units now have a pressure sensor that detect the system pressure to respond faster etc. See picture below:

Smart Load Control.jpg

LG say:

"The logic is quite simple: The built in micro processor monitors the coil temperatures and room temperature, and it knows the room temperature set-point.
    As set point is approached, the capacity of the unit is reduced by reducing the temperature difference between the indoor coil and the air. This is done by adjusting the compressor speed and the electronic expansion valve. Our systems now have a pressure sensor located to measure suction pressure in cooling, and discharge pressure in heating, which facilitates a faster response to changing conditions."

Let me know your thoughts. Smart Load control is now apparently on all the 2015 models.

Kind Regards
    Richard.
    Last edited by back2space; 27-11-2015 at 02:16 PM.