Daikin RZQ42PVJU9 FTQ SKY AIR

Installed october 2014,

unit outdoor deice thermistor goes to -28c immediately on coming out of a de ice cycle in all weather -18c or +10c, indoor EEV goes to 200pls and very little heat comes out of the unit.

The Relief valve was replaced in April, unit appeared to work for a day then initial problem returned.

The outside EEV was replaced and it did appear to be jammed in the closed position.

It was now summertime and the unit appeared to work ok in cooling.

As soon as cool weather returned and heating was requested the initial problem returned, i.e. coil goes to -28c, poor heating and defrost every 30 minutes (no ice present).

Interestingly the unit could be coaxed into working normally by putting it into a cooling cycle via the tStat.
The outdoor coil would only go to 5-8degC cooler than the outdoor temp the indoor unit EEV would range normally from 550-650pls and HOT air would be produced
(by the unit that is, not me).

This would continue until the unit would either cycle off due Tstat setpoint being reached or a REAL defrost with the coil properly iced up after hours of use. Then the machine would return to its old ways until I manually run it through a short cooling cycle.

Daikin REPLACED the RZQ outdoor unit.

The new one does the exact same thing except the cooling cycle trick does not work anymore.

The installer doesn't know and the regional Daikin service guy would not appear to know either...

When it works(ed) it was great but it doesn't work.

How could two machines have the same issues?

The interior FTQ unit?
EMI?
Trafalmadoreans? So it goes

Help

Dave