Thread: F-Gas Update

F-Gas Update

Anyone seen the new requirements for being 'Competent' http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...01.0028.01.ENG
    Last edited by frank; 20-11-2015 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Link didn't work

Re: F-Gas Update

So the current Training "Gravy Train" will of dried up by the 1st of July 2017.
    And heY! more loops for those that comply to jump through!

No-one is policing the existing.
    Interesting all the same Frank.
    Sorry to some of the good guys (Trainers) but I don't know about anyone else.

But as soon as I comply with 1 set of rules, a new set are compiled.
    Otherwise What are the trainers going to do?

The system has already bullied City and Guilds to enable the chosen few to dictate,
    IE. For 30 yrs or more my Ammonia C&G has been good enough!
    Now I have to do it every 5 yrs!! Discuss?

Why because Corporate Health and Safety does not like to admit that the Guy doing the job may already be sufficiently trained!
    No offence but one company I worked for had the Storeman sit in on CITB safe Handling, (OK it was 2078)
    He passed.

When are Managers going to have to update their training, because they are the ones that dictate to me.
    What I do!
    Sorry Frank (Well your post actually!)Has Touched a nerve.

I was on a site the other day where a directive was sent down. To us the great unwashed contractors, saying that gloves hard or bump hats and Safety Glasses / Goggles must be worn when carrying out any Physical activity!!
    I asked if the site management / office workers were to do the same?
    Apparently not! "Do they not do any work?" I asked!

Don't get me wrong I like this site and the Engineering staff. But I am struggling with the "Don't do as we do!
    But, Do as we say", Culture that has become prevalent.

I will get of my soap box now Frank!
    I guess you knew you were throwing a Hand Grenade into the forum in the first place. Didn't you?
    Grizzly

Thanks Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 20-11-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I know that I don't need it anymore but this natural person went zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

If they put as much effort into policing the regulations that are already in place then it wouldnt taste so bad. Too many shops etc using unregistered cowboys who seem to have no problems procuring so called regulated gases. Just as grizzly says a gravy train just interested in money for nothing.

Watch the old blood pressure Grizzly

Lucky enough I will be retired by the time the re-training starts and I don't intend to replace my CSCS card which expires in 2017 either. Money making racket.

Lets vote to leave the EU....that's what I say
    Last edited by frank; 20-11-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Article 254 Paragraph 34 E. Read sub paragraph 7 ( D ) Page 307. References 16 A, G, X, Y and Z.
    Further explanation of Ref:16 (Y) See Clause 32 (F) part 3. Pages 106, 179 (C) 203 (2A)

Just saying so much time lost figuring where the Goal posts are ffs.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

defra supposedly enforces f gas regulations , there are two people to do this for the whole of the uk .

and how about this statement from october this year
    “Defra believes that such restriction do not apply for the servicing of MAC, only for the recovery of F-gases in such systems.

“Therefore, the UK Government believes that it remains legal to sell F-gases for use in MAC systems to those who do not hold recovery qualifications.

basically anyone can buy gas as long as they are not going to recover gas . the f gas regulations are a joke if any tom **** and harry can get hold of gas to do god knows what with and no one is there to regulate the whole crapshoot

There's no need for them to 'recover'.
    They are ploughing refrigerant into systems that are leaking anyway. The whole MAC regulations (or deregulation) are a disgrace to the whole regulatory scheme. About time the decision makers got out there and plugged these stupid holes.
    I have my own bureaucratic nightmare trying to convert my UK refrigerant handling into a Spanish certificate! Two years on, and still no result.....
    Rant over. Hope everybody has a good 2016.
    Graham
    en boca cerrada no entran moscas

all this rubbish and legislation protocols is politicians hedging around the actual real issues. When is some one going to stand up and say, " use ammonia " its been around for 150 odd years, killed a few mere humans. way back domestics had so2 and methyle chloride .
    Give me strength when it involves " greenies " , they sit in their ivory towers , ( fully air conditioned, ) and drive around in probably VW diesels, haha. Big business created the CFC HFC what ever issues, and bank the money. Way back I used R12 to blow out condensers.
    Then we get all sorts of crap regulations about what ever refrigerant and cowboys that apply it to where ever, wholesalers sell to any one with money in hand. The grab snatch factor
    My pet subject is to have a registered trade same as electricians and plumbers/ gas fitters. All falls on deaf ears globally.
    OK I am having a bad day with similar issues, but all the HVAC manufactures put into the market systems with truck loads of refrigerant circulating, VR what ever systems Total horse shyte I think it is called the tail wagging the dog.. The best thing since sliced bread.
    The marketing HVAC people troll along and sell it to the public.
    What happened to hydronic systems with water, ok cannot make money from pumping water scenario, cannot be patented situation.

You will get my vote when you stand for election Magoo!
    Grizzly

I am with you Grizzly I will vote for Magoo as well.

Mike I see you have been reading the the regulations again.
    Paul
    Born to fish, forced to work