Mitsubishi Electric Not cooling

Hello

Had a weird problem with a PUHZP125VHA2 M/E split and was wondering if anyone has had a similar fault. Found the system not cooling properly. Checked the condenser and noticed the compressor kicks in after a couple minutes stops and after another couple minutes kicks in again and then stops after a similar time.
    Contacted Mitsubishi tech who haven't encountered a problem like this especially as when it doesn't fault out on the controller even after 16 attempts.
    Running pressures (r410a) suction between 160-180psi/liquid 180-280psi. Both condenser fan motors seen ok. Tested pump down, compressor windings ok. Unit at high level so unable to check inverter board so coming back with a scaffold. Spent a while on this and towards the end checked heating seems to be working. Found compressor pulling up to 12amps when stopping.
    Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated hopefully going back to site this Tuesday.

Regards
    Pie man

Re: Mitsubishi Electric Not cooling

Pie man went back and sorted it who needs this site?!

So what did you find was the cause?
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperion View Post
    So what did you find was the cause?
    Attached the Mitsubishi diagnostic tool and showed a UH fault and after chatting to tech we compared the running amps with my own meter and the tool which showed a 4amp difference meaning the power board current sensor was faulty. Only way to find out is replace the board and see! My only concern was when you disconnect the compressor wire's to check inverter that can cause a UH fault...so will keep you posted!!!

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Pie man went back and sorted it who needs this site?!
    Yep somtimes you have to actually get your own tools out of your own van and fix things for your money!

Ever noticed how much trouble you have with Mitsi Electric equipment?
    How they retain number 1 sell spot in UK I have no idea, but they are definitely bottom of my list!
    Last edited by hookster; 06-11-2015 at 07:39 AM.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by hookster View Post
    Yep somtimes you have to actually get your own tools out of your own van and fix things for your money!

Ever noticed how much trouble you have with Mitsi Electric equipment?
    How they retain number 1 sell spot in UK I have no idea, but they are definitely bottom of my list!
    Yeah Hookster maybe with so many Mitsubishi units out there more problems occur. I prefer Fujitsu/daikin. Ever worked on Gree? Gotta be the worst heap of crap I've cone across in the AC game!

Went back to site today fitted new board now running sweet. Customer happy will leave it at that

I am surprised Mitsubishi Electric sell the most kit. Taught Daikin sell more. I work on a lot more Daikin kit than Mitsubishi and find Mitsubishi Kit to be a lot more reliable.

Suggest that you start a new conversation rather than tagging onto an older thread.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

enable remote controller sensor if its got hard wired remote controls in each room

might be an idea to lock threads after 2mths of inactivity, or making it easier to start a new post in 1 thread only- as some newbies post in more threads- and ban use of hyperlinks to newbies
    Last edited by install monkey; 24-02-2016 at 07:40 PM.