50Hz and 60Hz power supply.

Hello,

I have a Fujitsu inverter split unit for the European market (240V 50Hz)
    I would like to use it in Dubai. I noticed that the power supply there is also 240V but 60Hz.
    Will this unit work?
    My personal opinion is that an on/off airconditioning will work but I am not sure about an inverter one.
    Thanks,
    Eric.

Re: 50Hz and 60Hz power supply.

I would think that an ordinary fan motor will run at an increased speed, about 20% faster and could well run hot. If this was the evaporator fan motor, that would increase the airflow across the evaporator, thereby potentially increasing the load. Any inverter driven motors or the compressor might work, but probably will either lockout or the electronics may trip out to self protect.
    Due to the anticipated high load that will be imposed by the location, it would be best to use the equipment designed for the region and its power supply.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Blog Entries

Re: 50Hz and 60Hz power supply.

All motors in latest Fujitsu DC Inverters are DC (compressor and both fans)! But I am not sure if first stage (AC to DC converter) will work with 60Hz power source without any problem! Theoretically, it should work without any issue since it is rectifying it anyhow!
    Contrary to that, On-Off units will not work without problems, since compressor motor (and AC fans) speed is determined by power supply frequency!
    I would suggest to call Fujitsu representative in Dubai!
    If PCB part numbers and fan part numbers for both models (50hz and 60hz) are same, than it should work!
    Last edited by nike123; 01-11-2015 at 05:41 PM.