Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK35ZMP-S

Hi all

We have a single stand alone split system MHI SRK35ZMP-S. It is located a good 4 hours drive away. The customer is a good friend of mine so I want to help him out. but don't fancy a 8 hour round trip simply to diagnose the fault.

He has told me that the indoor simply wont run. He checked power at the indoor and he has 230V. The infra red controller looks ok and he has changed batteries. The indoor wont activate using the controller nor when he presses the start/stop on the unit. He has checked fuse on indoor pcb which is good. I have advised that he may need a new pcb (receiver board)?. Without taking a look this is my best guess, does anyone have a different opinion on this before I drive down and fit the part.

Any ideas most welcome

cheers

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK35ZMP-S

He says he has 230v, is this across live and earth or neutral? No neutral, no run.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi Kirky,

If it helps I saw one a while ago, no life indoors but had power, only a few weeks old. Was there to fix the freezer room for another company and the firm didn't want me to check but believe they went back with an indoor PCB.

Last week looked at another unit, same model as yours, again no life from indoors, remote fine but no beeping and when button on indoor pressed nothing happening. Had 240, good neutral and something flickering about on the comms, fuse fine.
    Unplugged probes and measured voltage at probes, nothing (should be 5VDC) nothing to power display board, Fan motor should have 340VDC and 15V DC, got 340VDC and 12 (occasionally) VAC) So yep, indoor PCB looking goosed. Tried it with components unplugged and still the same. Diode test of fan motor fine, probes reading 5.5k.
    Fitted new indoor board last Friday and now working fine.

On that guess indoor controller PCB as opposed to the receiver PCB. Might be worth calling wholesaler to see if a common complaint and also is it under warranty with them?

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Last edited by Tayters; 25-09-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Because it's a Friday and been a long week.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Thanks for the replies

He tells me he has good neutral. 230v across live and neutral. Think I'm going to go with indoor pcb. Units 16months old so will defo speak to supplier first. Not sure on MHI warranty but will check.
    Cheers

Normally 3 years parts warranty from the wholesaler. Seems a standard time.
    Watch they don't try to blame it on the install!
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

It's a dodgy indoor pcb - we have had it on a couple of the ZMP systems - something to do with a faulty diode on the board I seem to recall - ask supplier for new board and then change over on same visit