Grasso Compressor oil

Dears,

I use Clavus G68 to my Grasso Reciprocating compressor but I read recently that is not recommended for NH3 plant that air and water are present so i decide to change with another type. please your recommendation? and please what about to use Shell oil S2 FR-A 68

Thank you

Re: Grasso Compressor oil

Hi, mre212 ...

Quote Originally Posted by mre212 View Post
    Dears,

I use Clavus G68 to my Grasso Reciprocating compressor but I read recently that is not recommended for NH3 plant that air and water are present so i decide to change with another type. please your recommendation? and please what about to use Shell oil S2 FR-A 68

Thank you
    please read this ...
    http://www.norteks.ru/en/product/shell/refriger_oil/

or search google for ... refrigeration oil suitable for ammonia .... clavus g68... etc

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

try to use CPI 1009-68, it is very good oil for NH3.
    Best regards!

Reflo 68 from Petro Canada try to stay away from the synthetic oil types and blends! I think at one time the Clavus 68 was a single still oil but then the manufacturers got greedy and decided that they would blend to get similar characteristics however in Ammonia plants especially low temp -32 or below the oils had a tendancy to separate back into their individual components and any additives would then drop out in the sump.