danfoss liquid line solenoid valve

Replaced a valve today as a retrofit from r22 to 404a, half inch piping stripped the valve to install being a solder/sweat type but when I stripped it left the plunger in the tube soldered it into place set the system running valve would not open when energized? it got me thinking they have sold me a normally closed valve so stripped the valve to find no spring on piston/plunger found another old valve took the piston from that and reassembled still not opening stripped it again found the original spring at the top of the sleeve in a loop now this valve is made in Denmark it must have been manufactured like this because it's impossible for that spring to get where it was,the ten minute job turned into a two hour job anyone seen this before?

Re: danfoss liquid line solenoid valve

Made in Denmark or China?

No not seen that before!
    Grizzly

Have not seen that, but currently at this point in time nothing surprises me much any more.
    Have had a PM valve with pin hole leak in casting, new valves full or rust, tai less steel glands rusty, float switches that don't work.
    I would say very good product, but no one is perfect.
    Some springs stay in, some don't, so maybe when dismantling it could have come adrift in the process?

The first thing I looked at after finding the fault was its origin and it was Denmark.

I've not had that problem with them though i have had new ones that leaked after a few months. I never strip the Danfoss ones to braze in, just put a wet rag (yellow dusters) round the body and use a big enough flame so that it don't take long to do. Let it cool then do the other side.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

These valves are made in the Kolding Factory in Denmark. Each valve is tested on the line for flow and for leakage across the seat then helium tested for external leakage. So highly unlikely it came from the factory in that condition but then again sh-t happens. Regarding the leaking solenoid type EVR 6 this was caused by a suspect Chinese O ring supplier. But they now use a better quality version from a different manufacturer without problems , all valves & spares kits have the latest version O ring. Always report faulty products back to the suppliers otherwise they are in the dark as to their product quality. Danfoss have a high profile quality team checking on all products returned under warranty, the problem is many of the wholesalers just replace the suspect product and the factory never see anything back under warranty and therefore problems sometimes go global before the factory become aware of any issues.

I will try to let danfoss know,it would have passed the leakage test,but obviously not the operating test ,and I always strip them if brazing them in old dog new tricks comes to mind.

I always disassemble before brazing as I like to check the valves Ok , I'm a believer in GIRFT (_get it right first time )

Glenn I've been trying to get hold of you can you contact me please
    Martin

Well for sure next time I fit one I am going to check on that spring only wish that I had removed the plunger! it certainly would have saved me time ah well you learn faster from mistakes ,on the point of stripping them before brazing that's the way I was taught and that's the way I do it every time.