R410a condensing temperature

Hi everybody,

I have 10 x 50kW condensing units (R410a) that are currently set up to condense at 26 bar 45o C. They are not in an ideal location. They are actually located within a tunnel in a mountain. The condensers discharge their air into a large common plenum which is extracted by a series of large exhaust fans. The condensers are cooled by the air that is drawn into the tunnel as a result of the negative pressure created by the above. The ambient air in the vicinity of the condensers is typically around 30oC. We have had problems with HP trips frequently. The condensers are adding heat to the area via heat radiated from the coils and condenser bodies (the condenser bodywork is hot to the touch).

I'm considering reducing the condensing temperature in an attempt to slightly improve the climate in the condenser area. Maybe aim for around 23bar 40oC in the hope that this will slightly reduce the ambient.

Long story short-----As long as I still have subcooling does anybody see any issues with this idea.

I'm also considering installing thermal insulation to the bodywork to ensure that the condensers reject all of the heat into the plenum rather than into the room.

Any help appreciated.

Re: R410a condensing temperature

Suggest checking what effect the drop in PD would have on the Expansion valve as you could run with a lower evaporator guage

Re: R410a condensing temperature

What is the HP switch set to trip at?
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)