VRV III Fan control

I've been called in to a job where the original installation was 8 cassettes connected to 2 Daikin VRV multis. The project was started by another unknown company a few years ago and then put on hold. During that work all the cables were cut and walls have been built etc.

I have got everything working except the fans on the indoor units. The connector plug for each indoor unit had been cut off and connected to a piece of flex on every indoor unit. I have put it all back how it should be, but none of the indoor fans operate. I have no idea where the flex went before, I can only assume that they had it connected to 230V so the fans ran all the time, I don't understand why. There is no power at the connector on the indoor unit on any of the three I am working on. I find it hard to believe that all the boards are dead. Is there a way I don't know about to disable the fans on the cassettes? No idea what the models are as the covers were thrown away. The VRV's are RXYQ14P7W1B.

Tried the field setting 43 to force the fans on and still nothing.

A quick question about the wiring. I have F1 F2 from the outdoor daisy chained to F1 F2 on the indoor units and P1 P2 from each indoor unit daisy chained and then to the remote controller. That's right isn't it? 1 remote for all the indoors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: VRV III Fan control

Quote Originally Posted by airefresco View Post
    I've been called in to a job where the original installation was 8 cassettes connected to 2 Daikin VRV multis. The project was started by another unknown company a few years ago and then put on hold. During that work all the cables were cut and walls have been built etc.

I have got everything working except the fans on the indoor units. The connector plug for each indoor unit had been cut off and connected to a piece of flex on every indoor unit. I have put it all back how it should be, but none of the indoor fans operate. I have no idea where the flex went before, I can only assume that they had it connected to 230V so the fans ran all the time, I don't understand why. There is no power at the connector on the indoor unit on any of the three I am working on. I find it hard to believe that all the boards are dead. Is there a way I don't know about to disable the fans on the cassettes? No idea what the models are as the covers were thrown away. The VRV's are RXYQ14P7W1B.

Tried the field setting 43 to force the fans on and still nothing.

A quick question about the wiring. I have F1 F2 from the outdoor daisy chained to F1 F2 on the indoor units and P1 P2 from each indoor unit daisy chained and then to the remote controller. That's right isn't it? 1 remote for all the indoors.

Any help would be appreciated.
    If I remember ****ty Daikin correctly you wire the controller to the master, no daisy chain on p1p2

if you have a 2 pipe vrv with each indoor having its own remote controller then all you do is designate 1 remote as the host- this dictates the mode (heat/cool) then the other remotes controllers will only be able to set as fan only or dedicated mode from the host remote controller

yes it's a 2 pipe VRV, but there is only one remote control for all the indoor units.

as long as your 1 remote cont is daisy chained to each indoor then thats ok

thanks. Any idea about the fan?

Any chance of some piccies? Inside wiring diagram from the pcb cover?

Nope, covers are missing from all the units. I don't even know what models or sizes the cassettes are. The plug in question is labeled F1M I think. The are 3 wires, Red, Black and Yellow and the go to the fan motor, or appear to. Whoever did the bodge, chopped the plug off and left nothing connected to F1M and then connected the yellow (capacitor) and black together and then joined those to a a piece of 2.5mm flex with the red. I assumed that was then connected to the mains, or maybe they had some sort of control system in there. I have no idea. I am fairly certain I have the fan connected right now, but it doesn't work for some reason.

Here's a link to the manual

The indoor wiring layouts for the fan coils are toward the back of the document

Thanks Frank, I had already found that document myself on Daikin extranet. I used that to wire the fans back to the unit. I spoke with Daikin technical yesterday and they said that there is no setting that could disable the fans. Their recommendation was to replace the indoor PCBs. I have might have a crack at trying to repair the boards first though, as it looks like the fan circuit is pretty simple from a first glance. I need to test the motors as well, as Daikin reckon that they could possibly be damaged as well.