Supra 750 MT square Run and speed solenoids can they be changed to the round type ?

Hi All

Can the square run and speed solenoids from a 750MT be changed over to the round type from a 950MT

The customer has a scrap 950mt which I can take the parts off if the exchange is possible?

Regards

Chris2005

Re: Supra 750 MT square Run and speed solenoids can they be changed to the round type

The NA and EU units can be a little different and I've never seen a 750mt over here.
    The NA 950mt units have no speed solenoid just a fuel solenoid. The fuel solenoid in bolted directly into the injection pump. The 750 units here have external fuel solenoid that pulls on a linkage. What engine does the 750mt unit have? Can you grab a picture of the setup?
    I would think if the units have speed solenoids (some European units do) they should be the same but the fuel solenoids would be different and not interchangeable. Even if it were the 950 fuel solenoids are rubbish and prone to failure. 10-1 failure vs the external solenoid with linkage.
    Take my advise with a grain of salt, your units could be a completely different animal from what I see here.

Re: Supra 750 MT square Run and speed solenoids can they be changed to the round type

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I think the donor unit could be another 750MT with the big round solenoids connected with linkages, I'm not quite sure of this as it was another engineer that took the parts off but I will check the model.

The old unit has square solenoids with 3 wires 1 green and two white but the 2 solenoids off the donor has big round solenoids with only 2 wires on each a green and a white

There is 4 holes on the engine to bolt the new solenoid plate on but the wiring plugs are different.

The old solenoids had a timer hanging down which was burned to bits.

I'm sorry, I have no idea. The only three wire solenoids I know of are the small round internal fuel solenoids but that doesn't sound like what you're describing. I honestly have no idea what you're describing with the square solenoids and timer.

square ones are not for sale anymore, there is a kit, with the round ones and the mounting bracket and yes you can replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by sonkax View Post
    square ones are not for sale anymore, there is a kit, with the round ones and the mounting bracket and yes you can replace them.
    Yes, i recall it being something called oasis retrofit kit. Comes with new solenoids and a bracket + linkage rods and a new bigger fuse + new wiring schematic. I remember it being quite expensive...