wholesaler supplies goods without a signature?

This is a problem we have with a wholesaler,they say that they supplied goods to us but we are sure they did not,after requesting signed advice notes to no avail they are stepping up the pressure,bear in mind the goods were not delivered it's alleged we picked them up in person as we never have had goods delivered to sites/depots does anyone know the legal implications of this?

Re: wholesaler supplies goods without a signature?

Do you use a PO number or job allocation numbering system?

No nothing along those lines,I am certain that some of the goods I never had but when I do purchase/collect I always sign but have noticed that many others do not.I may have to wait to see what their agent says but this is the second agent involved the first one disappeared when we requested signed paperwork.

Legally supplier has to prove you collected parts not for you to prove you did not request in written format so u have proof ie email as cheap than compared to recorded delivery proof of collection it is then there legal response ability not yours

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    Do you use a PO number or job allocation numbering system?
    Without something like this you are leaving yourself at risk of missing things at invoice time, as you have to remember everything.
    Also if you have a possibly dishonest employee, they could be skimming a bit here & there.
    Have to check both ends, supplier & your end.

Are they things you usually buy?
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

It's concerning goods that have allegedly supplied to ourselves two of the items are large and expensive ,and I know we never received them so without my signature no emails sent to the no telephone order etc would I be correct to refuse payment although dealing with this company has ceased and it won't ever be dealt with again.

Yes but put on email letter etc why u are not paying then they will have to prove your signature on delivery and show u are not just running away with it then if debt recovery gets involved you can prove you have done all you can we are members of fsb very little cost excellent commercial lawyer advise when it gets serious

Email sent to the agent who is working on behalf of my ex supplier,basically no signatures mean I did not receive the goods on the advice note/invoice we have nobody that collects goods on our behalf as I said before we do not and never have items delivered to sites it looks like it could get messy! But I will stick to my guns and faceofff.

Any cctv in the wholesalers?
    Champion Van Jockey

Not that I am aware of,it's certainly a strange situation

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

See if you can find out about any disgruntled delivery drivers that may have been tempted to do a bit of skimming if the firm was closing down.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    It's concerning goods that have allegedly supplied to ourselves two of the items are large and expensive ,and I know we never received them so without my signature no emails sent to the no telephone order etc would I be correct to refuse payment although dealing with this company has ceased and it won't ever be dealt with again.
    Do you know if your order had to be transported in from a warehouse to Wholesalers? If so, there will be a paper trail OR your order never arrived.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.