The beer fridge, NO!! Not keeping it cold! Debating opening system...

I don't mess with these rezzy fridges much but I have some time converting this one for beer. It sits in the heat of the shop and current ambient is about 90*F but can get to 105*F back there.

I checked a few things and so far I am just not sure. Condenser coil is under the appliance but I did not see much there that would cause this issue. I blew it out for the hell of it. No help. Blew out everything else in the back but again, did not see much that was an issue. circ fan at the back is at an angle but I cannot see how it would be doing too much air moving over the cond coil. The back cover is missing so maybe there is a shield to help direct flow over the coils?

discharge side of pump is about 145F and suction side was running about 80F so it is doing something....

Running this thing WFO at max settings and getting a 25F ice box and 43F fridge side. I am currently trying to direct more flow to the fridge side as a temporary until I can decided what to do here.

I can probably dig and get to the evap coil but not sure if I would expect to see much of an issue here?

I am debating installing a piercing valve to the suction side only to just add 134A or check if low but wondering if just tuning the low side will be good enough on something like this? The question is, should I even waste the time without chasing the leak? I think this machine has been like this for some time though. Just poor performance so I am wondering if there is really an issue here other than a machine that is not designed to handle this ambient temp?

I cannot say I monitor the box temps much on it but after I started getting foamy beer, the meters came out.
    Last edited by fastline; 08-06-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Re: The beer fridge, NO!! Not keeping it cold! Debating opening system...

Fit the BP valve after you turn the power off. Wait a few minutes for pressure equalisation. Chances are your Fridge is short of Gas.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Well, I let it run all night at full WOT, and I have an ice box at 2.5*F, and a fridge side of 28*F....??? A little confused now. Ambient is about 84*F. I am not sure how low these can really pull down but the way this one works is there is a vent door that vents discharge air from the icebox side to the fridge side. You actually have to throttle back the ice box side which opens the doors to cool the fridge side more. I have the ice box side turned down to have the vents all the way open.

The thermostat is in the fridge side.

Change the thermostat then drink all the beer.