daikin heat recovery vam1000fa8ve

Hi Guys,

Daikin 6a fault on vam unit which I know is damper system or thermistor alarm.

can you tell me where to access damper motor as I am returning to site tomorrow with triple ladders to try and gain access to this system, it is located in the worst position and clearly installers were not thinking of the service guys going in after words.

I can only get access to electrical side where there is only a foot between wall and unit, I have managed to check both thermistors and resistance readings ok.

Re: daikin heat recovery vam1000fa8ve

take the filter and core out and climb in- powering up the vam you will hear the damper drive open/shut

Hi im

I can remove the 2 x filters as they bend but there is no chance of getting the core out due to access as there is about a foot between wall and electrical side where filter access is and the other side is tight up against the wall.
    can the bottom be dropped or can we get in the back of the unit if the ducting is removed.

or am I better dropping unit ??

cheers again

damper is on the return air from room labelled RA -hopefully theres a short length of flexi duct or return air is just an open spigot- but your gonna reply that its got 250 spiral on it and tech screwed and duct sealed up- in that case its dig out the jigsaw and grinder