Question Mitsubishi City Multi disable IC and change capacity

Hi,

We have a PURY-P400 with main and sub BC and 21 ICs. All our offices have at least one IC, some have more, each office has one remote connected directly to ICs. Total capacity of ICs is 59.1 so just under 150% limit.

We find some offices have over capacity, a few event too many ICs. Others are under capacity.

Now I was told by the maintenance guys we could:
    - disable 2 ICs (was told I could move them to address 000)
    - change capacity of others so we move capacity to where it is needed using SW2

Is this allowed/ok/recommended?

Re: Mitsubishi City Multi disable IC and change capacity

For now I have removed power from 1 unit, decreased capacity on one IC and increased power on two ICs. No errors, works as expected.

Hi Jay, switching the power off to an indoor unit can cause problems as the expansion valve in the indoor cannot operate. Moving the addresses to 00 will cause fault. If you have a central controller take the units in question off the schedule timer and lock them out so they can't be switched on. With regards capacity control, what kind of indoors have you? Also what are the ceiling heights? What mode is the system running in?

Interesting. The units i'm taking offline are PFFY-P20VKM-E and PFFY-P25VKM-E. Others are PFFY, three are ceiling mounted (don't know the model) and a GUF-100RD3.

I need to increase capacity on specific units. That is why I need those 3 off. If I just increase the capacity I will hit error 7100.

We are currently at 59.1 capacity on a 40 unit (so 60 is the limit for 7100). So take out 3 units we get to 52.6 and then distribute that over to the other side of the building).
    Last edited by Jay Mlakar; 15-05-2015 at 05:27 PM.

For future reference. I have now:
    - left all IC connected to power and MNET
    - removed 3 ICs connection to RC (remote controller). Effectively these units are not working, but since they are on power and on MNET, I expect the system to operate as if they were just never used.
    - decreased the capacity of two ICs using SW2
    - increased the capacity of five ICs using SW2
    - performed full test of all units

No errors, cooling is now much more even.